Try roasted pumpkin soup for extra flavour, a new twist on an old favourite.
Serves 4 gluten-free
1 kg Pumpkin
1 tsp Cumin
3 cups Water
1 tbs Bragg All Purpose Seasoning
2 cups Soy Milk
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin into large pieces.
- Place on a baking tray and cook in a hot oven for about 45 minutes, or until well roasted.
- Cut onion roughly and sauté in a small amount of water with the cumin.
- When the onion is transparent and soft, add the water and roasted pumpkin and bring to the boil.
- Add the Bragg, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the soy milk and puree with hand-held blender until smooth and creamy.
- Place the soup back on the stove top and gently reheat, do not allow the soup to come to the boil as the milk will curdle.
For more recipes and healthy food tips see our new Eat Well: Live Well cookbook click here for further information.
Eat Well: Live Well – NEW nutrition and meditation retreat
Try the food on our new three day retreat that encourages a fresh approach to practical food preparation, mindful meditation and food as medicine. Click here for further information.