The evidence-based lifestyle interventions and mind-body practices taught in our cancer programs, will safely support any medical treatment or complementary therapies you choose as part of your treatment plan. Attending a retreat with a partner/support person is recommended where possible.
The ongoing path to health, healing and wellbeing
- 4-night follow-up retreats, running twice yearly
- Monday 26 – Friday 30 November 2018
- Connect with like-minded people
- Reaffirm your intentions
- Deepen your practices
- Return home refreshed and revitalised
Facilitated by Paul Bedson, Maia Bedson and Daniel Cerny, this series of Cancer & Beyond follow up retreats are tailored to past participants who have previously attended a Gawler cancer program, and their support people.
Running twice a year, each of these evidence-based follow up cancer retreats offer a new group dynamic, extended program content and an excellent opportunity to build on previous program learning’s, deepen your practices, and reaffirm your intentions for healing and wellbeing.
A chance to take time out and immerse in a combination of relaxation, meditation, nutrition therapy, instructional sessions to consolidate and build on what you already know, and to connect and share your cancer journey with like-minded people. Highly regenerative in nature, you will return home feeling refreshed and revitalised.
“… next July it will be twenty years since Sue and I came to the first 10 day retreat. It was a time when I was given six to nine months to live. There has been no trace of mesothelioma left in my body for some years. I will always remain grateful for Ian and Ruth Gawler and the blessings I received from the Foundation.”
Paul Kraus (Cancer & Beyond participant) February 2017
Some of the topics we will cover:
- Nutrition revisited (review and Q&A)
- Gut microbiome and gut health
- Meditation – simple, yet profound (review, revision and Q&A)
- Deepening your imagery & healing practices
- Breathing for health and relaxation
- Going deeper into your spirituality
- Meditation and spirituality
- Contemplation exercises on causes of cancer, life journey’s and dynamic contemplations
- Healing Emotions – especially fear and grief
- Clarifying Goals and the role of discipline, kindness, and setbacks
- Mindful Communication
- The Type C Personality style and how this can sabotage commitments to healing
- Contemplating the meaning of illness
- The latest research on exercise and cancer
Plus being immersed in the beautiful natural environment of the Yarra Valley, the delicious and vibrant plant-based meals and juices, and treatments with our wonderful team of body therapists.
Standard pricing (before discounts have been applied) starts from $1,690 incl. GST per person, depending on your choice of accommodation, and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, teas and dandelion coffee. Subsidies may be available for people experiencing financial hardship. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre.