- 4 nights
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson, and Daniel Cerny
- Learn to deliver a six-week Imagery and Contemplation meditation course
- Study mindfulness for healing, personal development and spirituality
Our Meditation Teacher Training program is split across three separate modules:
Module 1: Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM);
Module 2: Imagery and Contemplation; and
Module 3: Extended MBSM
All meditation teacher trainees will need to complete Module 1 in order to study Module 2 &/or 3. If you are yet to complete Module 1, please click here to visit our pre-requisite Module 1 course information.
Meditation Teacher Training – Module 2
This 4-night meditation teacher training immersion offers extended learning from Module 1, before moving into the teaching of ‘Imagery and Contemplation’ meditation techniques.
It will enable you to deliver a six-week Imagery and Contemplation meditation course, from a facilitator’s manual. Course manuals are included in the course fees. This Module will draw on the material from Part 2 of “Meditation – An In Depth Guide” by Ian Gawler and Paul Bedson.
Learning Objectives for Module 2:
- Connecting the content of Modules 1 & 2
- Looking at types of Meditation: Attentional (mindfulness), Intentional (imagery), Enquiry (contemplation)
- Extending your prior training of Mindfulness Based Stillness Meditation into:-Perception, Limiting beliefs, Mindful attitudes and values
- Exploring the practice of RAIN as a model of self-compassion: Recognise, Allow, Investigate, Nourish
- From attentional meditation (mindfulness) to intentional meditation (meditation using imagery and affirmations.
- Definitions, Elements and Applications of Imagery
- Practice in teaching and leading Contemplation & Guided Imagery
- Study the benefits and goals of Contemplation and Guided imagery for healing, personal development and spirituality.
- An understanding of how the thinking-mind works in terms of the conscious and unconscious and the use of imagery for changing habits and beliefs.
- The use of Guided imagery for healing.
- The key components of Imagery – visualization, affirmation, generating feelings
- You will deliver specific imagery meditation “scripts” for: a) Healing Imagery b) “The Temple of Silence” Imagery c) “The Quiet place” Imagery d) Mindfulness-based Imagery for Pain Management
- Meditation using intention – you will deliver specific “scripts” for cultivating: a) Gratitude b) Compassion and c) Forgiveness.
- Appreciate how Contemplation can be used in the “search for meaning” and to gain insight.
- Learn how these same contemplation techniques can be used to meet the needs of modern problem solving, increasing creativity and productivity.
- Gain an understanding of the strengths and limitations of “positive thinking” and how to manage client safety when teaching contemplation and guided imagery
- We will also look at Mental Health considerations for Meditation Teachers.
- Practical aspects of teaching a group and marketing.
Completing both modules 1 and 2 of our Meditation Teacher Training program meets the training criteria for a provisional membership, and completing Modules 1, 2 & 3 satisfies the training criteria (110 hours of training) for full membership with the peak meditation teacher’s professional body, Meditation Association of Australia (formally ATMA).
Price starts from $1,990 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation; and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: financial members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include transport and purchases from our resource centre.
To find out more or to register for our next retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 24 hours