- 4 nights
- Facilitated by Drs Ian and Ruth Gawler
- Learn to deliver two courses of four weeks each; one focusing on contemplation, the other guided imagery
- Study mindfulness for healing, personal development and spirituality
Meditation Teacher Training – Module 2
This 4 night meditation teacher training retreat will provide the training to deliver two courses of four weeks each; one focusing on Contemplation, the other Guided Imagery. Both will be linked directly to a specific facilitator’s manual and be in synergy with Module 1, which focuses on delivering an 8 week MBSM course. It will be an advantage to have completed Module 1, but not compulsory. Course manuals are included in the course fees. A Certificate of Completion confirming you have completed 40 hours of face to face training, will also be provided at the conclusion of the Module 2 course.
- Practice teaching and leading contemplation and guided imagery.
- Study the benefits of contemplation and guided imagery for healing, personal development and spirituality.
- Appreciate how contemplation can be used in the search for meaning and to gain meaningful answers to the age-old philosophical questions like “Who am I?”
- Learn how these same contemplation techniques can be used to meet the needs of modern problem solving, increasing creativity and leading to powerful insights.
- Gain an understanding of the strengths and limitations of “positive thinking” and how to manage client safety when teaching contemplation and guided imagery.
- Understand the six primary uses for guided imagery and learn how to apply them.
- Receive an overview of Mindfulness Based Stillness Meditation and link with Module 1.
- Learn of the latest research news in meditation, neuroscience and neuroplasticity.
- Understand the importance of ‘stillness’ and ‘spaciousness’ that comes with meditation and how it supports the practices of contemplation and guided imagery.
This is another wonderful opportunity to deepen your own meditation practice and become equipped to better help others learn to train their minds and meditate.
Your own regular meditation practice.
The Yarra Valley Living Centre offers two separate Meditation Teacher Training modules. Module 1 : Mindfulness-Based Stillness Meditation, and Module 2 : Guided Imagery and Contemplation.
While many will do Module 1, followed by Module 2, you may choose to do either module independently or in any order.
Completing both modules will meet the training requirements for Provisional membership of the (main) peak meditation teacher’s professional body, The Meditation Association of Australia (MAA), formally ATMA – or Australian Meditation Teachers Association.”
A further 30 hours of mentored/supervised practice over the following 2 years will be required to qualify for full membership. Other Meditation Retreats facilitated at the Yarra Valley Living Centre could contribute to the extra 30 hours required to attain the 110 hours specified, after consultation/agreement with the program leaders. Or can be achieved with ongoing supervision/mentoring sessions.
Ian Gawler OAM, Founder of The Gawler Cancer Foundation, Ian has played a major role in pioneering and popularising meditation and other mind-body techniques in the Western world and has authored six bestselling books. Known for his clarity and good humour, Ian has a gift for translating ancient wisdom into a modern, scientific context.
Dr Ruth Gawler is a GP with specific expertise in Mind-Body Medicine. Ruth knows meditation to be a way of getting to know your own mind and learning how to use it more effectively. Ruth has been a meditator since 1975 and is currently President of the Meditation Association of Australia.
Cost: Starting from $1,990 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation. This cost covers all elements of the program, including delicious organic plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, herbal teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include transport and purchases from our resource centre.