Set in 40 acres of natural bushland at the foot of rolling hills, the Yarra Valley Living Centre is where we host our retreats in a nurturing and peaceful environment.
The Centre can accommodate 40 guests in double, twin or dormitory style accommodation. Each room has its own private en suite and the dormitories have two bathrooms attached.
There are sanctuaries and special spaces designed for quiet meditative practice, beautiful landscaped gardens provide many places to enjoy nature; and our biodynamic and organic vegetable gardens provide ample fare for wholefood plant based diet organic meals.
Take a leisurely stroll along our walking trails, explore the labyrinth down by the Little Yarra River, take in the mountain views from the gazebo at the highest point of the property or find a bench in your favourite part of the gardens to rest and just BE.
There is so much to discover and enjoy on our stunning property.
Visitors tours can be arranged (by prior appointment) between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Please call 1300 651 211 to arrange a time to come and have a look around.
Click here to read more about our retreats.
Our Yarra Valley Living Centre is located in Yarra Junction, in Victoria’s Yarra Valley, approximately 70 kilometres and 1.5 hours from Melbourne.
55 Rayner Court, Yarra Junction VIC 3797
Melways Map Ref 288 J12
Phone: 03 5967 1730
Airport/Melbourne CBD Transfers:
We currently offer a shuttle bus service from both Melbourne Airport and Melbourne CBD to our centre in the Yarra Valley. This service can be arranged as part of the retreat booking process, 2020 fees are $70 per person each way ($140 per person return).
Travel time is approximately 2 hours each way. Travel weary passengers who are travelling long distances, may like to consider arriving a day earlier and staying in Melbourne overnight.
Shuttle bus pick up and return times differ, depending on the start and end time of your retreat. Refer to the tables below for details.
We recommend that people book their incoming flight to arrive at least an hour before the shuttle bus departure time from Melbourne Airport, as we may be unable to wait for late passengers.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The shuttle service we provide may NOT be suitable for people in wheelchairs or with severe mobility issues. Please contact our office to discuss options. People with Mobility issues or Medical appointments in Melbourne may also like to contact www.travellersaid.org.au or call them on 03 9670 2027.
If you would prefer to arrange a private transfer, there are two service providers currently offering this service to our centre, and you can contact them directly using the details below to enquire/book. Please note private transfer fees are approximately $185 per person each way ($370 return).
Phone 1300 363 913 or email@example.com
Phone 0412 187 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org
While we are unable to assist with the coordination of transport sharing between participants coming to centre, participants do sometimes make their own private sharing arrangements (during the retreat) for the trip home. In these cases the returning shuttle bus trip may be cancelled with no cancellation fee.
Instructions for driving from Melbourne:
- Enter the Eastern Freeway and then continue on Eastlink* to Ringwood
- On approaching Ringwood keep in left lane and pass through the Mullum Mullum tunnel.
- Take first exit after tunnel keeping to the left. Follow this route (keeping to the left) until the sign for Maroondah Highway – Lilydale appears.
- Take the left exit and follow the Maroondah Highway to Lilydale.
- At Lilydale keep in the right hand lane and approx 2 kms out of Lilydale, turn right onto the Warburton Highway. Follow this route to Yarra Junction.
- At Yarra Junction turn right at the second set of traffic lights into Little Yarra Rd (sign for Gawler Foundation posted on the corner).
- 4 kms down Little Yarra Road, on the left-hand side, is Rayner Court and our property is signposted.
*NB: Toll charges apply to the Eastlink section of the Freeway. See http://www.eastlink.com.au for details.
Instructions for travelling by Public Transport:
The nearest train station to us is Lilydale (approx. 30 minutes by road from our centre). Trains travel from Melbourne to Lilydale station and this trip takes approx. 55 minutes. Further details can be obtained via www.ptv.vic.gov.au.
A bus service operates between Lilydale station and the township of Yarra Junction. The bus route is #683 and further details are via www.martyrs.com.au or (03) 5966 2035. Once on the bus you can ask the driver to let you off at Safeway in Yarra Junction. We are approximately 4 kilometres from this bus stop, and from here you can travel by foot or taxi with the following directions:
- From Safeway, continue along Warburton Highway for approx. 150 metres, until you reach the set of lights at Little Yarra Road.
- Turn right down Little Yarra Road and continue for approx. 4 kilometres until you find Rayner Court on your left. Our property is located at the end of Rayner Court and is signposted.