IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-SAFETY AT THE GAWLER FOUNDATION
** Following the Victorian Government announcement 17/2/21 of Stage 4 restrictions being lifted from midnight, we are thrilled to share that our retreats for February & March 2021 can resume with our COVID safe plan **
COVID SAFETY ONSITE
We are taking additional steps to ensure the health and safety of all participants when they stay with us and continue to operate under the advice of the Australian Department of Health.
It is very important that you inform us in advance if you, or anyone in your household is unwell or self-isolating. Unfortunately, due to strict public health requirements you will be unable to attend our program’s if yourself or anyone in your household is unwell or in self-isolation or have travelled in a declared COVID hotspot. Participants can be assured that all bookings are protected by our flexible transfer and cancellation policy.
How we are keeping you safe:
You might also like to know about the measures The Gawler Foundation has taken to manage the risks of exposure to COVID-19 when you attend our retreat facility.
- Each participant is accommodated in a private room and a bathroom will be allocated for their exclusive use. This may change for future retreats as restrictions eased
- Due to social distancing and room capacity restrictions, our programs will initially be limited to 15 participants plus facilitation staff. This restriction will be reviewed as restrictions are lifted.
- All participants will be temperature checked on arrival and screened using the COVID safe questions
- Physical distancing and health protocols will be implemented in the group/dining room.
- Groups will be split into smaller groups when possible.
- Sessions will be held outside where appropriate, and hand sanitiser is available throughout buildings for easy access;
- Airflow for rooms will be maximised by opening windows & doors where possible in shared spaces
- Daily temperature checks will take place for all staff and participants;
- All high-touch areas, such as switches, handles and surfaces will be regularly disinfected
- Our full COVID-19 Policy can be forwarded to you upon your request.
Requirements for Participants:
Please inform us if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Are you, or anyone in your home unwell or in isolation?
- Have you tested positive or are awaiting the outcome of COVID-19 test?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days?
- Are you unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms including: fevers, cough, vomiting, diarrhoea, night sweats or chills, or acute respiratory infection including cough shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you travelled to an identified hotspot, returned from overseas or from a cruise in the last 14 days?
- Have you checked the DHS exposure sites and can confirm that you have not attended any of these sites in the specified period? CLICK HERE for exposure sites
We also ask that all participants conduct a self-assessment prior to leaving home. Check for symptoms of fever, chills or sweat, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose and loss of smell.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you MUST contact us to discuss 1300 651 211.
If Yoga forms a part of your booked retreat, we ask that all participants bring their own Yoga Mat as Mats cannot be shared. Yoga Mats are available for purchase from our Resource Centre if preferred.
The Gawler Foundation follows the guidelines or Victorian Government . Participants are advised to check current guidelines as to if Masks are mandatory indoors and/or outdoors and ensure they bring sufficient face coverings for the period of their stay.
Victoria has established a permit system for all domestic travel into Victoria.
The permit system is for both travelers to Victoria and residents of Victoria returning home from interstate travel.
The Gawler Foundation have ensured that the the health and safety of participants is our number one priority.
All our retreats will be accepting interstate travelers from GREEN ZONES ONLY.
If you live in a red or orange zone unfortunately you will need to postpone your visit to us. All bookings are covered by our flexible transfer & cancellation policy.
Interstate travel policy is dynamic and can change rapidly. If travelling from interstate, we require that participants have a plan for where they will be accommodated if the situation changes and they are no longer able to return home due to state guidelines or due to quarantine changes. The Gawler Foundation will not be liable for expenses or arrangements in regards to this.
COVID has affected many local business’ including our Transport Company who are currently not accepting bookings from interstate clients.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide bus transport at this time. Participants will need to organise private transport to and from the Centre at their own cost.
We can’t wait to see you:
It is important for us to be able to continue to provide our transformational retreat experiences. Whether you’re faced with a Cancer diagnosis, living with Multiple Sclerosis or Parkinson’s or simply seeking a greater level of overall wellbeing and health, we’re here to provide you with quality education, guidance and support at our Lifestyle Medicine based retreat programs, in the beautiful Yarra Valley, Victoria.
We can assure you that we are taking the utmost care and precaution to keep all our participants healthy and safe. We are also ensuring that these precautions interfere as little as possible in the relaxing and transformative retreat experience, and in many ways enhance this experience.
Please help us to manage the risks to the health and safety for all participants by cooperating with the measures we have introduced. Please contact us immediately if you have become unwell since your original booking or answer yes to any of the questions above. We will of course treat this information in strict confidence and will be happy to reschedule your booking for another time.
We look forward to welcoming you.
From the Team at The Gawler Foundation.
Up and coming retreats and programs can be found in the Retreats & Events page on our website.