- One day workshop – Saturday, 28th September 2019
- Arrive 8:30am for a 9am start | Finishes at 5.30pm
- Price $175 per person
Garden to Kitchen Workshop
with Stacey Williamson & Wendy Neagle
Taking ownership of your own health starts with taking ownership of what you put into your body.
In this unique one-day workshop, our head chef, Stacey Williamson, and head gardener, Wendy Neagle, will give you the practical tools and expert tips to be able to start your own organic veggie garden, and prepare your own delicious plant-based wholefoods for increased health and vitality.
- Introduction to organic food gardening
- Learn about composting and soil health
- Hands-on “no dig” garden demonstration
- Growing food in small spaces or pots
- Harvesting organic veggies
Please note: participants will need to bring a hat and suitable footwear for our morning outdoors. Gardening gloves can be provided, and umbrellas are available if needed.
Learn quick and easy methods for:
- Preparing and cooking grains and legumes
- Making your own pesto, hommous and lentil dip
- Making your own soy yogurt
- Caramelising onions without oil
- Food prep tips and tricks to improve digestion, texture and taste
- Preparing an easy gourmet plant-based wholefoods two-course meal, with seasonal produce
Over the course of the day, you will be treated to a delicious plant-based wholefoods morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, and a bottomless service of refreshments including black, green and herbal teas, dandelion coffee and chilled filtered water.
You will also take home a pack of goodies to kickstart your new garden to kitchen journey, including certified organic seedling and/or seeds, reference materials with gardening tips, and a complimentary copy of our popular Eat Well : Be Well Cookbook.
Our Eat Well : Be Well Cookbook is an essential how-to-guide for anyone wanting to adopt a plant-based whole foods diet. Learn how to prepare delicious, nutritionally balanced meals for increased health and vitality. RRP $32.95.
Stacey Williamson has been a qualified Chef for over 25 years with a diverse hospitality background as Executive Chef at several award-winning restaurants, as well her own restaurant. She has been with The Gawler Foundation for almost 4 years, and also runs her own vegan cooking classes from her home. Now studying nutrition, her passion is still food but with an emphasis on health and wellbeing and sharing her love and knowledge of eating a wholefood plant-based diet.
Wendy Neagle has a diploma in horticulture and has been working in many different roles within the horticulture field for 20 years. Roles include 5 years in a blueberry orchard, pest and disease management in apple orchards, and running her own organic garden maintenance business – which she continues alongside her work at the Yarra Valley Living Centre. Wendy is passionate about soil health, composting and growing organic food.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 10th March 2019
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Mindful Relationships w/Dr Ruth Gawler & Murray Paterson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- New Zealand – Deep Peace Meditation Retreat w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse
- Wu Tao Dance & Art Therapy w/holistic health practitioner Wendy Nash