- 6 Days | 5 Nights (from 4pm to 1:30pm)
- Sunday 1 – Friday 6 Dec 2019
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson
- Enjoy a deeply restorative meditation immersion at the beautiful Mana Retreat Centre in Coromandel, New Zealand
- Explore a wide variety of meditation techniques
- Reconnect with your true nature
Deep Peace Meditation Retreat - New Zealand
Join Paul and Maia Bedson at the stunning Mana Retreat Centre in New Zealand, for six life-enriching days of explorative meditation practice, where you will be gently guided into the heart and essence of meditation through a series of detailed teachings, accompanied by sequential practice sessions.
The primary focus will be on our Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) style of meditation, however, there will be plenty of opportunities to explore additional meditation techniques including intentional meditations, nature meditations, noble silence, and moving meditations – such as walking meditations and Qi Gong.
This longer format (6 day/5 night) Meditation Retreat offers a peaceful and restorative immersion experience for people wanting to take time out from everyday life, to delve into the practice of meditation.
- Develop and/or deepen your personal Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) practice
- Understand and experience how mindfulness of feelings can create self-compassion, openness, emotional resilience and the courage to face difficult emotions
- Understand how mindfulness facilitates the mind/body connection which is essential for health and wellbeing
- Experience mindfulness of the Chakras
- Understand and practice how mindfulness can lead to inner peace, stillness and causeless joy
- Experience intentional meditations such as gratitude, self-compassion, and loving kindness
- Explore contemplative periods of noble silence
- Enjoy nature meditations within our beautiful 40 acres of natural bushland and ornamental gardens
- Refine your presence during walking meditations
- Find flow in your body, mind and spirit with Qigong – a gentle, moving form of meditation
The time spent in meditation over the duration of the retreat is moderate and would be suitable to both experienced meditators looking for guidance and support to deepen their practices, as well as beginner meditators looking to establish a sustainable personal practice.
You will gain the tools to turn inward, connect with your current state of wellbeing, understand your own personal needs, and tap into the stillness and peace inherent in your true nature.
Gain an understanding of the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual benefits of meditation.
Understand the nature of the thinking mind – its strengths and limitations – and understand how ‘excessive thinking’ and ‘stress’ adversely affect your health and wellbeing.
Learn to relax physically, unwind emotionally and calm a busy mind.
Acquire a range of skills for dealing with stress, and becoming less emotionally reactive and therefore more tolerant.
Develop self-esteem and compassion as you connect with your true, spiritual nature.
About Mana Retreat
Situated 3-3.5 hours drive from Auckland Airport, the Mana Retreat Centre is nestled in the luxuriant bush-covered hills of the Coromandel with views out over the sea and islands. The centre boasts a warm, welcoming, natural atmosphere that supports individual learning and renewal.
- Peaceful natural bush surroundings and expansive scenic views of Coromandel Bay.
- Purpose-built retreat spaces including the renowned Tara Sanctuary – a private chapel for meditation & singing.
- A beautiful, nourishing kitchen that specialises in a delicious vegetarian menu, using fresh local, seasonal, and mostly organic, whole foods – some of which is grown on Mana land.
- Comfortable accommodations for up to 46 guests in single, double, twin, or dormitory-style rooms (4 beds per dorm).
- 6 powered sites for BYO campervan with 2 people per site.
- Leisure activities including a library, sauna, labyrinth, bush bath, and bush walking.
Please note: Mana Retreat Centre is a drug and alcohol free zone.
Price is per person and covers all elements of the retreat program, including:
- Transfer from Auckland CBD (11:30am) or Airport (12pm) to Mana Retreat Centre on Sunday 1st December where required
- Return transfer from Mana Retreat Centre to Auckland Airport on Friday 6th December (1:30pm)
- Comfortable accommodation with fresh towels and linen
- Access to all retreat facilities
- Group tuition sessions
- Delicious plant-based wholefood meals (3) and snacks (2) daily, and healthy beverages
- Visit to thermal hot pools.
Note: Airfares are at your own expense. Body/massage therapies incur an additional charge of $80 NZD (for 1 hour sessions).
|$1,820pp **||Campervan Site BYO (powered) 2 people per site|
|$2,250pp **||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm, max 4 beds)|
|$2,600pp **||Twin or Double rooms – shared bathroom|
|$2,800pp **||Single bed room – shared bathroom|
|$3,100pp **||Twin or Double rooms – with ensuite|
** Multi-Share, Twin/Double and Single room pricing may be subject to change in 2020.
Financial members of our Foundation receive significant discounts on retreat bookings.To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
A $550 holding deposit is required to secure your place in this Retreat.
To secure your place please CALL 1300 651 211 or + 613 59675400, or submit an online enquiry here. By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
New Zealand Retreat Enquiry Form
To find out more or to register for our next retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 2 business hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me Retreat w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness with Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Mindful Connections w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales