Serves 4/ gluten-free
400 gms Sweet Potato (approx. 1)
200 gms Onion (approx. 2)
500 gms Pumpkin
400 gms Carrots (approx. 3)
3 Garlic Cloves with skin on
1 tbs Cumin
1 cup Boiling Water
2 tbs Savoury Yeast Flakes
2 tbs Bragg All Purpose Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Cut sweet potato, onion and pumpkin into 2 cm pieces.
- Cut the carrots slightly smaller as they take longer to cook.
- Place the sweet potato, onion, carrot, pumpkin and whole garlic cloves onto a baking tray, sprinkle with cumin and cook for 35-40 minutes. (A cup of water in an ovenproof bowl, added to the oven at this time will help to stop the vegetables from drying out).
- Remove the vegetables from the oven.
- Carefully separate the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Place the vegetables into a saucepan with the boiling water, savoury yeast flakes and Braggs, and stir together.
- Squeeze the cooked garlic paste from the roasted cloves and discard skin. Add to saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, lower to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Check the water level in the sauce and add extra if required. Serve over pasta.
For more recipes and healthy food tips see our new Eat Well: Live Well cookbook click here for further information.
Eat Well: Live Well – NEW nutrition and meditation retreat
Try the food on our new three day retreat that encourages a fresh approach to practical food preparation, mindful meditation and food as medicine. Click here for further information.