Kohlrabi Coleslaw with Almond Dressing
Kohlrabi, although it looks very much like a turnip, is actually a brassica vegetable and related to cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. It is very versatile and can be eaten raw or cooked. Kohlrabi is extremely high in vitamin C and other antioxidants, so it’s perfect to enjoy raw as per this recipe.
Kohlrabi Coleslaw Salad
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 small red capsicum
- 1 small yellow capsicum
- 1 small carrot
- 1 stick celery
- ¼ cucumber – seeds removed
- ½ tomato – diced
- ½ tsp dill – chopped
- ½ tsp parsley – chopped
- Julienne or shred the kohlrabi and soak with a dash of ACV and water for 10 minutes, then strain.
- Julienne or shred the capsicum, carrot, celery and cucumber.
- Combine all ingredients, fold through almond dressing, top with some extra chopped herbs and serve.
NOTE – You could grate the vegetables, but the salad won’t stay crisp for long, which is still perfectly fine, just up to your personal preference.
- 1 cup almonds – soaked in water for at least 1 hour and then drained, discard soaking water.
- ¼ tsp dried onion flakes
- ¼ tsp dried garlic granules
- 1 tsp savoury yeast flakes
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 cup water (approximately)
Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend for 1 minute or until consistency is creamy. Adjust water content to get preferred consistency.
This dressing is a great substitute for mayonnaise.