Neuro Booster Balls
Firstly, these balls are a delicious way to help you power through your day, being packed with protein and low GI energy.
What’s even more beneficial is the combination of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids that superfood walnuts and hemp seeds have on the brain.
Walnuts contain the highest concentration of all nuts of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is essential for brain function and has neuroprotective effects.
Hemp seed is high in linoleic acid (omega 6) and ALA (omega 3) and also has high levels of vitamin E and minerals phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron and zinc.
Prep time: 15 mins
Soaking required: 1 hr
Serving size: 2 Balls
Food Processor required.
Makes 12 Balls.
- 2/3 cup walnuts – soaked in water 1 hour.
- 2/3 cup hulled hemp seed
- 6 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup carob powder + extra for dusting
- Strain water from walnuts.
- Place in a food processor with hemp seed and pulse until it has a fine meal consistency.
- Remove pip from dates and chop them roughly. Add to the walnut and hemp seed along with the carob powder.
- Pulse until fully combined (you can also do this with your hands by rubbing it together)
- Portion into 12 pieces and roll into balls.
- Roll balls around in 1-2 tsps of carob powder if desired
- Store in a container in the fridge for up to a month.