Silverbeet, Pumpkin and Potato Soup
I love silverbeet and during winter when there’s slim pickings in the vegie garden there is an abundance of its gorgeous, dark green goodness growing.
Pair it with root vegetables to make this delicious warming winter soup you can feel doing you good.
Prep time: 20
Cook time: 90 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled, chopped
- 2 cups silverbeet, washed, chopped
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- 1 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 1 tsp mustard seed, ground
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seed, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 Tbs miso paste
- 2.5 ltrs water
- 1 cup plant-based milk.
- In a large pot combine the onions, garlic and celery.
- Sweat together adding the thyme leaves and ground spice.
- Add the potato, pumpkin, parsnip and silverbeet. Cover with water.
- Bring to the boil, add miso paste, turn down and cook on a low heat for an hour or until all vegetables are soft.
- Add milk.
- Blend soup with a stick blender, leaving slightly chunky.