- 3 days | 2 nights (Fri 4:30pm to Sun 2:00pm)
- 2020 dates: coming soon – to register your interest, please call 1300 651 211 or submit an online enquiry below.
- Facilitated by Associate Professor Craig Hassed
- Explore mindfulness for stress and anxiety management
- Learn a range of mindfulness practices
- Explore mindfulness in counselling and cognitive therapy
- Enjoy plant-based wholefoods for optimal health
- Apply for QI&CPD points
Held in our Yarra Valley, Victoria, retreat centre, this 2-night mindfulness training retreat is designed for health practitioners from various disciplines who are interested in developing skills in practice to incorporate the use of mindfulness therapies.
You will be introduced to a range of mindfulness practices and explore how mindfulness can form the core of a comprehensive approach to stress management, counselling and cognitive therapy.
Mindfulness-based meditation, stress management and cognitive therapy are attracting enormous interest in the mental health and medical fields. Much of this interest is based upon ever emerging research as well as millennia of acquired wisdom.
In contemporary health settings, mindfulness has a range of diverse applications including management of depression, anxiety, chronic pain and eating disorders, as well as having direct and beneficial physiological effects relevant to the management of heart disease, cancer and other chronic conditions.
By gently allowing each person to move at their own pace, this training program is suitable for practitioners new to mindfulness and also for those more experienced.
At this mindfulness and meditation retreat you will:
- Learn a range of mindfulness practices
- Experience a mixture of meditation practice, educational sessions, group discussions and private reflection.
- Spend time in the natural surrounds of the beautiful Yarra Valley bushland
- Experience the energy boosting benefits of plant-based wholefoods
- This activity has not been allocated RACGP QI&CPD points. However, the RACGP acknowledges the personal learning value of various activities. GPs are therefore welcome to self-record this activity using the RACGP QI&CPD online services. Please contact your respective State QI&CPD office for assistance.
Associate Professor Craig Hassed also runs his ESSENCE of Health Retreat at our centre. His ESSENCE of Health model is a powerful and effective approach for enhancing wellbeing, and preventing or managing a wide range of physical and mental health challenges. Suitable for Health Professionals and the General Public.
About A/Prof Craig Hassed
A/Prof Craig Hassed is a GP and associate professor at Monash University Department of General Practice. His teaching, research and clinical interests involve mindfulness-based stress management, mind-body medicine, meditation, holistic healthcare, complementary therapies and medical ethics. Craig is a regular media commentator and author of New Frontiers in Medicine, Know Thyself, The Essence of Health, Mindfulness for Life and Playing the Genetic Hand Life Dealt You, and co-author of General Practice: The Integrative Approach.
Our 2020 price starts from $685 per person (including GST), and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages.
Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport and other information including terms and conditions
|$685 pp||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp||Twin/Double room|
|$1,300 pp||Single room – subject to availability|
A $220 holding deposit is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
Financial members of our Foundation receive discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this training program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your $220 deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly staff members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your $220 deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
Health Professionals Training Enquiry Form
To find out more or to register for our next mindfulness training retreat, call 1300 651 211, contact us here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 2 business hours.