- 4 nights
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson
- Learn to deliver an 8 week mindfulness course
- Study mindfulness for healing, personal development and spirituality
Our Meditation Teacher Training program is split across three separate modules:
Module 1: Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM);
Module 2: Imagery and Contemplation; and
Module 3: Extended MBSM
All meditation teacher trainees will need to complete Module 1 in order to study Module 2 &/or 3. Following on from Module 1, Modules 2 &/or 3 may be completed singularly in any order, i.e. Module 1 alone; Module 1, then 2; Module 1, then 3; Module 1, 2, then 3; or Module 1, 3, then 2.
Meditation Teacher Training – Module 1
This 4 night meditation teacher training retreat will enable you to deliver an eight week mindfulness based stillness meditation course from a facilitator’s manual. The course manual is included in the course fees.
The only entry criteria is your own established meditation practice.
A Certificate of Completion confirming you have completed 40 hours of face to face training, will also be provided at the conclusion of the module 1 course.
- Practice teaching and leading mindfulness based stillness meditation.
- Study the benefits of Mindfulness meditation for healing, personal development and spirituality.
- Gain an understanding of the strengths and limitations of the thinking mind and the causes of excessive thinking.
- Review the stress response, the relaxation response and their impact on health and healing.
- Receive guidelines for leading meditation using intention, gratitude and loving kindness.
- Examine the application of mindfulness to emotions like grief, anxiety and depression.
- Learn about the links between meditation, neuroscience and neuroplasticity.
- Experience the importance of ‘stillness’ and ‘spaciousness’.
This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen your own meditation practice and become fully trained to help others learn to meditate.
Completing both modules 1 and 2 of our Meditation Teacher Training program meets the training criteria for a provisional membership, and completing Modules 1, 2 & 3 satisfies the training criteria (110 hours of training) for full membership with the peak meditation teacher’s professional body, Meditation Association of Australia (formally ATMA).
Price starts from $1,990 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation; and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include transport and purchases from our resource centre.
“I particularly benefited from the time spent in practice, from the compassion and knowledge shared by Paul, and also from his availability and openness… my understanding of meditation is now so much more complete.” – Marion, Meditation Teacher Training (Module 1) Graduate, March 2016.
To find out more or to register for our next retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 24 hours.