- 4 nights
- Facilitated by Drs Ian and Ruth Gawler
- Learn to deliver two courses of four weeks each; one focusing on contemplation, the other guided imagery
- Study mindfulness for healing, personal development and spirituality
Our Meditation Teacher Training program is split across three separate modules:
Module 1: Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM);
Module 2: Contemplation and Guided Imagery; and
Module 3: Extended MBSM (for module 1 graduates only)
You can choose to complete module 1 or module 2 as single meditation teacher training courses, or in any order. The pre-requisite for enrolling in module 3 however, is the completion of module 1.
Meditation Teacher Training – Module 2
This 4 night meditation teacher training retreat will provide the training to deliver two courses of four weeks each; one focusing on Contemplation, the other Guided Imagery. Both are outlined in a specific facilitator’s manual and are in synergy with Module 1, which focuses on delivering an 8 week Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) course.
It will be an advantage to have completed Module 1, but not compulsory. The only entry criteria is your own established meditation practice.
Course manuals are included in the course fees. A Certificate of Completion confirming you have completed 40 hours of face to face training, will also be provided at the conclusion of the Module 2 course.
- Practice teaching and leading contemplation and guided imagery.
- Study the benefits of contemplation and guided imagery for healing, personal development and spirituality.
- Appreciate how contemplation can be used in the search for meaning and to gain meaningful answers to the age-old philosophical questions like “Who am I?”
- Learn how these same contemplation techniques can be used to meet the needs of modern problem solving, increasing creativity and leading to powerful insights.
- Gain an understanding of the strengths and limitations of “positive thinking” and how to manage client safety when teaching contemplation and guided imagery.
- Understand the six primary uses for guided imagery and learn how to apply them.
- Receive an overview of Mindfulness Based Stillness Meditation and link with Module 1.
- Learn of the latest research news in meditation, neuroscience and neuroplasticity.
- Understand the importance of ‘stillness’ and ‘spaciousness’ that comes with meditation and how it supports the practices of contemplation and guided imagery.
This is another wonderful opportunity to deepen your own meditation practice and become equipped to better help others learn to train their minds and meditate.
Completing both modules 1 and 2 of our Meditation Teacher Training program meets the training criteria for a provisional membership, and completing Modules 1, 2 & 3 satisfies the training criteria (110 hours of training) for full membership with the peak meditation teacher’s professional body, Meditation Association of Australia (formally ATMA).
Ian Gawler OAM, Founder of The Gawler Cancer Foundation, Ian has played a major role in pioneering and popularising meditation and other mind-body techniques in the Western world and has authored six bestselling books. Known for his clarity and good humour, Ian has a gift for translating ancient wisdom into a modern, scientific context.
Dr Ruth Gawler is a GP with specific expertise in Mind-Body Medicine. Ruth knows meditation to be a way of getting to know your own mind and learning how to use it more effectively. Ruth has been a meditator since 1975 and was on the Board of the Meditation Teachers Association for 8 years, and served as President of the Association for 2 years prior to stepping down at the end of 2016.
Financial investment starts from $1,990 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation; and covers all elements of the program, including delicious organic plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, herbal teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include transport and purchases from our resource centre.
To find out more or to register for our next retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 24 hours