- 3 nights
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson
- Follow up course to Module 1
- Specifically tailored to help our Module 1 graduates deepen and expand their own practice of MBSM, as well as their competencies in teaching this style of meditation
Our Module 3 Meditation Teacher Training course is a follow up course to Module 1, and has been tailored specifically to help Module 1 graduates deepen and expand their own practice of Mindfuless-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM), as well as their competencies in teaching this style of meditation.
If you are interested in teaching MBSM and are yet to complete Module 1, please click here to visit our pre-requisite Module 1 course information.
Meditation Teacher Training – Module 3
We’re very pleased to announce that we have extended our Meditation Teacher Training pathway to include a ‘Module 3’ follow up course, which has been developed exclusively for the graduates of our Module 1 mindfulness-based stillness meditation (MBSM) teacher training course.
Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson, this follow up has been specifically tailored for our module 1 graduates, to deepen and expand their personal MBSM practice, as well as their competencies in teaching this style of meditation.
Module 3 will include 30 hours of face-to-face training, broken down into the following areas of focus:
- Revision of Module 1 MBSM – ‘mindfulness of feelings’ and ‘mindfulness of thoughts and stillness’ in particular
- Small group sessions for meditation teaching practice
- De-briefing about your personal meditation practice and teaching experiences
- Periods to practice noble silence within the group setting
Extended Module 1 Topics
- Meditation and neuroscience – positive neuroplasticity and the default mode network (DMN)
- A deeper understanding of the mechanism of mindfulness
- How MBSM facilitates healing
- Identity – meditation solves the old problem of mistaken identity – “who is meditating?
- Stress and the nature of suffering – physical, psychological, existential
- What to expect from meditation, and what not to expect. Do expectations help or hinder?
- Focused and unfocused attention in MBSM
- Balancing effort and effortlessness in meditation practice
- Stillness and spaciousness in meditation
- Higher levels of consciousness – moving from separative, dualistic consciousness to unified consciousness
- Using intention and dedication to give structure to meditation
- The fruits of meditation: inner peace and causeless joy
- Mindfulness and non-duality: Advaita Vedanta, Zen and Mahayan
- Paul and Maia look forward to sharing this expansive experience, along with deeply nourishing meals, the warm company of like-minded individuals, and the peaceful, conducive environment of the Yarra Valley Living Centre.
Completing both modules 1 and 2 of our Meditation Teacher Training program meets the training criteria for a provisional membership, and completing Modules 1, 2 & 3 satisfies the training criteria (110 hours of training) for full membership with the peak meditation teacher’s professional body, Meditation Association of Australia (formally ATMA).
Price starts from $990 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation; and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: financial members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include body therapy sessions during your stay, transport, and purchases from our resource centre.
To find out more or to register for our next retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 24 hours.