- Weekend Retreat | 2 nights | Fri 5pm to Sun 2pm
- Fri 14 – Sun 16 February 2020
- Facilitated by holistic health practitioner, counsellor and mindfulness expert, Daniel Cerny, and naturopath and mindfulness facilitator, Shiho Mafune.
- Strengthen your relationships with practical mindfulness practices
- Become aware of the beliefs and feelings that separate us from each other, and learn how to cultivate genuine bonds of trust, understanding, intimacy and love.
Our relationships with others can have so many layers, on one hand they can be deeply nourishing – generating feelings of togetherness, understanding and belonging; yet on the other hand they can also be a source of insecurity, hurt and betrayal.
In this deeply transformational retreat program, holistic health practitioner and mindfulness expert, Daniel Cerny, and naturopath and mindfulness facilitator, Shiho Mafune, will take you on a personal journey of exploration, studying the beliefs and feelings that separate us from each other, and the meditative practices that – when practiced regularly – enable us to cultivate genuine bonds of trust, understanding, intimacy and love.
Together, we will explore the importance and power of:
- Being authentic in our relationships
- Staying present in exchanges, and really learning to listen
- Speaking our truth, but also staying open-minded to understand other people’s experiences, perspectives and needs
- Shared vulnerability
- Holding ‘space’ for others and explore the possibility of ‘healthy conflict’
- The art of compromise – we are in this together
- Accepting that challenges are a natural part of the ‘growing together’ process, and learning to navigate through challenges in a loving way
- Acknowledging the many gifts that come with our relationships
- Recognising the inherent goodness or real essence that lives through us all
Everyone is welcome. Teachings are suitable to singles or couples – come on your own, with a friend, or with a partner.
About the Facilitators
Daniel is a clinical naturopath, nutritionist and herbalist. He is also an experienced restorative yoga teacher, and a mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), acceptance commitment (ACT) and mindfulness-integration cognitive behavioural (MiCBT) therapist.
Daniel’s diverse skill set, along with his commitment to an evidence-based approach, imparts a profound therapeutic formula for optimal health and wellbeing, which includes therapeutic nutrition, mindful living strategies and lifestyle counselling.
Daniel has taught a variety of mindfulness strategies in private practice, corporate settings, community classes, workshops and retreat programs over the past 10 years. As a retreat facilitator, he brings a gentle and compassionate approach – creating a sacred, relaxed and caring space for participants to explore deep personal transformation and healing.
To learn more about Daniel and his work you can visit his website.
MOTPrac, BHSc (Nat)
Shiho is a qualified clinical Naturopath, Massage Therapist, Meditation teacher and Occupational Therapist. Shiho has also furthered her training in Mindfulness Based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT).
Shiho has worked with many different cognitive, physical and mental health conditions in a range of settings including public hospitals, private practices and community settings. Shiho’s belief lies in “The mind is everything. What you think, you become”. She integrates mindfulness, and a compassionate approach to provide gentle and warm care and creating space for enabling each individuals connect to their unique true selves.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$685 pp **||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp **||Twin/Double room|
|$1300 pp **||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
To find out more or to register for our next Art of Relating retreat at our health and wellness centre in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria, call 1300 651 211, email email@example.com or use the form below to submit your booking request/enquiry and a member of our friendly client services team will be in touch within 24 hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me Retreat w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Mindful Connections w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Unlocking Your Potential with Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales