- Weekend Retreat | 2 nights | Fri 5pm to Sun 2pm
- Click Here Register Your Interest for 2021
- Radically transform your relationship with yourself
- Learn self-compassion and mindfulness skills and practices that will enhance your life &/or professional practice
Clear Mind, Open Heart
When faced with difficulties, many people respond with self-criticism and self-judgment. While we might be patient and kind with a friend facing the same situation, for some reason, we tend to treat ourselves in the exact opposite way. Research shows that relating to ourselves like this can cause mental and physical health problems and paradoxically kills our motivation and self-esteem.
The Clear Mind, Open Heart retreat will help you radically transform your relationship with yourself. You will learn to respond to challenging situations with self-compassion and mindfulness. Research consistently shows that this approach is associated with increased resilience, wellbeing and flourishing. Mindfulness and self-compassion are also powerful ways to reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
And it’s not just about feeling better, either. Mindfulness and self-compassion also allow you to motivate yourself with kindness, focus, and a clear understanding of your values – all of which have been shown to lead to sustainable high performance.
What’s more, when you cultivate a better relationship with yourself, your relationship with others starts to transform too. You will reduce conflict and experience greater depth and harmony in all your relationships.
The retreat will include short talks, experiential exercises, meditations and group discussions, as well as gentle morning yoga.
- Understand the theory and research behind mindfulness and self-compassion
- Integrate mindfulness and self-compassion skills into daily life to cultivate greater wellbeing, performance and relationships
- Respond to feelings of failure, self-criticism and inadequacy with self-kindness
- Motivate yourself with encouragement rather than self-criticism
- Practice the art of savouring and self-appreciation
- Relate to difficult emotions with greater ease
- Reduce caregiver fatigue and balance compassion for self and others
- Enhance and deepen connection with others
- Teach simple self-compassion practices to patients, students or clients
This retreat is well suited to health professionals, caregivers and anyone else who wants to develop and practice skills in mindfulness and self-compassion. No previous experience in meditation is required – all are welcome! This course can be claimed for CPD.
Dr Richard Chambers is a clinical psychologist and internationally-recognised expert in mindfulness. As outlined in his TEDx Talk, he is helping lead a university-wide mindfulness initiative at Monash University. Since 1999, Richard has helped some of Australia’s most prominent businesses and educational institutions enhance their performance, resilience, emotional intelligence and leadership. His highly engaging workshops and keynotes are regularly cited as the highlights of offsites and conferences, and he is highly sought after as a speaker, trainer and coach.
Richard was one of the original developers of Smiling Mind, a free mindfulness app with 4 million downloads. He also co-created the Mindfulness for Wellbeing & Peak Performance and Maintaining a Mindful Life free online courses, which have had over 380,000 users and are rated the #1 online courses of all time by Class Central. He has published three books, Mindful Learning, Mindful Relationships and Mindful Origami, regularly features in mainstream media and is actively involved in research at a number of universities around Australia.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$685 pp *||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp *||Twin/Double room|
|$1300 pp *||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
To find out more or to register for our next Clear Mind, Open Heart retreat at our health and wellness centre in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria, call 1300 651 211, email email@example.com or use the form below to submit your booking request/enquiry and a member of our friendly client services team will be in touch within 24 hours.
- Art of Mindfulness Retreat w/Daniel Cerny
- Being Me Retreat w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Courageously Me Retreat w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health Retreat w/Dr Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen (1 day) Workshops
- Mindful Connection Retreat w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- New Year, New You Retreat w/Michael Bartura
- Parenting with Presence Retreat w/Amanda Spencer & Suzanne Marambio
- Reclaiming Joy Retreat w/Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler
- Unlocking Your Potential Retreat w/Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me Retreat w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales