- 2 nights, Weekend Retreat
- Friday 15 – Sunday 17 May 2020 (starts 5pm, finishes 4pm)
- Facilitated by wellness retreat leaders Daniel Cerny, Emma Strembickyj and Katie Underwood
- Learn Mindfulness Strategies for a more connected relationship with yourself and others
- Experience profound self-healing with Yin Yoga
- Explore a variety of Sound Healing practices for greater harmony in your mind, body and spirit
- Perfect for first timers or those wanting to deepen their practice/s.
Coming Home Retreat
Leave the busyness of the modern world behind and embark in this deeply nourishing and restorative weekend retreat led by wellness retreat leaders Daniel Cerny, Emma Strembickyj and Katie Underwood.
Be gently guided on an experiential healing journey through mindfulness, sound healing and yoga, releasing tension and stress and reconnecting back into the stillness of your heart – your spiritual HOME – a place where you can rest with a real sense of connection, belonging and peace.
being Here and now
explore Open awareness
find your Meaning and purpose
experience Ease and equanimity
Learn Mindfulness Strategies you can use daily to gain a deeper, more connected relationship with yourself, and to maintain your wellbeing and inner peace in our fast-paced modern world.
Experience profound self-healing with Yin Yoga – breath, presence, posture and open awareness combine to give you access to the subtle communication (needs) coming from the body, and the resources to respond accordingly.
Explore a variety of Sound Healing practices including Tibetan and Vedic Mantras, Vocal Toning, and the enveloping instruments and intuitive vocals of Katie Underwood.
- Learn to meet your thoughts, feelings and experiences with an open and accommodating heart, so you can grow and heal
- Develop the internal resources to unwind effectively and respond more skillfully to stress, problems and difficult situations
- Distinguish between your head and your heart so that you can experience more flow and meaning in life
- Take the time to listen and understand your hearts deepest desires and values
- Develop a deeper, more loving and compassionate relationship with yourself and others
- Reconnect and gain trust in your feelings
- Embody presence, so you can show up for yourself and the world around you
- Gain a sense of inner peace so that you can let go of struggle and experience more joy and contentment in your life
You will be further pampered by the calming and conducive natural forest environment, purpose-built retreat facilities, contemplative spaces, and deeply nourishing plant-based wholefoods at the Yarra Valley Living Centre. Everything is taken care of here, so you can truly immerse yourself, and re-emerge feeling renewed and inspired to live your truth.
This retreat is perfect for first timers or those wanting to deepen their practice/s.
About the Facilitators
Daniel is a clinical naturopath, nutritionist and herbalist. He is also an experienced restorative yoga teacher, and a mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), acceptance commitment (ACT) and mindfulness-integration cognitive behavioural (MiCBT) therapist.
Daniel’s diverse skill set, along with his commitment to an evidence-based approach, imparts a profound therapeutic formula for optimal health and wellbeing, which includes therapeutic nutrition, mindful living strategies and lifestyle counselling.
Daniel has taught a variety of mindfulness strategies in private practice, corporate settings, community classes, workshops and retreat programs over the past 10 years. As a retreat facilitator, he brings a gentle and compassionate approach – creating a sacred, relaxed and caring space for participants to explore deep personal transformation and healing.
To learn more about Daniel and his work you can visit his website.
With a practice of 18 years plus of yoga and a ballet background, Emma found yoga to compliment movement with mindful awareness. The practice became more than just physical as returning time and time again onto her mat she began to discover more about herself. The things she was comfortable accepting and the things she didn’t quite want to face but did. As the Bhagavad- gita; “yoga is a discovery of self through self to self. Recognising the freedom between the thoughts and the affects of the body Emma decided to complete 500YTT at Byron Yoga Centre in 2012/13 and has since completed many hundreds of hours of training in yoga, yin, anatomy, prenatal, meditation and classes range from Beginners to Advanced.
Currently teaching at highly respectable studios such as Happy Melon, Yoke yoga of the heart and Lyfe Yoga. Her teachings extend to drug and alcohol recovery centres, High schools for teen challenges, corporate for peace of mind in the workplace and Prahran Mission aiding in yoga for mental health.
Over the last 5 years this practice has become more than full time employment it has become a way of life. Emma classes are a combination of mindfulness flow, strength, and space in touch with stillness. Its an opportunity to feel and experience the energy in ones body and recognising the power of the breath and all that you truly are!
Katie Underwood is a Meditation Teacher, Sound Healer, Multi-instrumentalist and Recording Artist. She trained with Lama Tendar in traditional Tibetan Sound Healing, completed The Healing Sounds Intensive training with Jonathan Goldman in USA and Level 1 & 2 in Yoga of Sound with Mei Lai Swan. She also holds a Diploma of Sound Healing Therapy, certified Reiki 1 & 2 and completed Meditation Teacher Training with Melbourne Meditation Centre. With over 30 years’ experience in singing and music performance, Katie combines her skilled musicianship with a passion for healing to deliver a powerful session of guided meditation and sound healing. Katie weaves an intuitive soundscape for deep healing and meditation using her voice, native drums, handpan, chimes, crystal and Tibetan bowls. These sessions may also include guided group toning – empowering each person to create their own healing sounds and release their voice. A grounding, uplifting, heart-opening and relaxing experience.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$685 pp *||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp *||Twin/Double room|
|$1300 pp *||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
To find out more or to register for our next Your Coming Home Retreat at our health and wellness centre in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria, call 1300 651 211, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below to submit your booking request/enquiry and a member of our friendly client services team will be in touch within 24 hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse, Caroline Hales, Paul Hales & Will Salter
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Coming Home Retreat w/Daniel Cerny, Emma Strembickyj & Katie Underwood
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Laughter & Resilience Retreat
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Men’s Health w/ Daniel Cerny and Charlie Cousins
- Mindful Connection w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Parenting with Presence Retreat
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Unlocking Your Potential with Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales