3 days | 2 nights (from Fri 4.30pm to Sun 2pm)
2020 Dates: Fri 6 – Sun 8 Mar 2020
Facilitated by Associate Professor Craig Hassed
Take an active role in preventing illness
Create a healthier future
Learn mindfulness meditation and stress management
Enjoy plant-based wholefoods for optimal health
Suitable for Health Professionals* and the General Public
ESSENCE of Health Retreat Overview
ESSENCE is an acronym for: Education, Stress Management, Spirituality, Exercise, Nutrition, Connectedness and Environment.
At the core of many wise and ancient traditions we see an emphasis on holistic self-care as the underlying approach to illness prevention and management.
These days many of us live our lives by the illness model, with the focus on simply treating symptoms of illness as they arise, one after the other.
Why wait till we’re unwell to consider our wellness? Why not take the opportunity to boost our immune systems and live a life beaming with good health, vibrancy and fulfilment today?
The ESSENCE model taught by Associate Professor Craig Hassed is a powerful and effective approach for enhancing wellbeing and preventing or managing a range of physical and mental health challenges.
This health and wellness retreat is both experiential and informative, teaching practical life-changing tools, techniques and lifestyle practices for daily life. Associate Professor Craig Hassed is one of Australia’s leading mindfulness–based stress management program trainers and educators. Mindfulness meditation will be a key element of the program and the training provided can be applied both personally and professionally.
- Learn about the principles of mind-body medicine
- Develop lifelong stress management techniques
- Explore spirituality and meaning in life
- Understand and implement moving more and sitting less
- Learn to use food as medicine for health, wellness and weight management
- Access the health of your physical, emotional and urban environments
- Practise mindfulness meditation for a clear, calm mind
- Establish the importance of positive relationships and social support
- Learn to break unhelpful habits and set goals for the future
- Suitable for Health Professionals* and the General Public
*For Health Professionals, this two-night health, meditation and mindfulness retreat will form a starting foundation for exploring how you can implement these approaches in professional practice. You may also like to consider Associate Professor Craig Hassed’s Mindfulness Training for Health Professionals retreat program, also held at our retreat centre in the Yarra Valley, Victoria.
About A/Prof Craig Hassed
Our ESSENCE of Health Retreat is lead by Assoc Professor Craig Hassed, GP and associate professor at Monash University Department of General Practice. His teaching, research and clinical interests involve mindfulness-based stress management, mind-body medicine, meditation, holistic healthcare, complementary therapies and medical ethics. Craig is a regular media commentator and author of New Frontiers in Medicine, Know Thyself, The Essence of Health, Mindfulness for Life, and Playing the Genetic Hand Life Dealt You, and co-author of General Practice: The Integrative Approach.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
2020 Prices (2 nights, weekend retreats)
|$685 pp **||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp **||Twin/Double room|
|$1300 pp **||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
Associate Professor Craig Hassed also runs his Mindfulness Training for Health Professionals at our centre.
ESSENCE of Health Enquiry Form
To find out more about ESSENCE of Health or to register for our next health and wellness retreat in Victoria’s Yarra Valley, contact us here, call 1300 651 211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 2 business hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- New Zealand – Deep Peace Meditation Retreat w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse