- Weekend Retreat | 2 nights | Fri 5pm to Sun 2pm
- Fri 21 – Sun 23 Febuary 2020
- Facilitated by clinical psychologist and leading mindfulness expert, Dr Richard Chambers
- Learn how to meditate effectively and establish a daily meditation practice
- Take time out from the busyness of life to reconnect with yourself, others and nature
- Rest, restore your body and re-energise your mind
- Take home powerful tools to reduce stress, sleep better and boost performance
- Enjoy plant-based wholefoods and time in nature
- Increase self-awareness and happiness
Do you find yourself overwhelmed by the fast pace of modern life? Do you get distracted and find it hard to stay focused on what is truly important? Do you feel disconnected from yourself – or those around you? Do you get stressed? And how is your sleep?
Before I discovered mindfulness, my mind used to run all over the place, making it hard to focus and meaning I spent a lot of time caught in unhelpful, negative thinking that made me stressed and unhappy. I still remember the first time I meditated, and how everything got quiet and simple all of a sudden. As I established a daily practice and started bringing mindfulness to each moment of the day, my stress decreased, I became more productive and felt more connected with myself and others.
I have maintained this practice for the past 20 years, studied with many of the world’s leading meditation teachers, and have taught mindfulness now to literally hundreds of thousands of people around the world. I hear all the time from people I teach it to that it transforms their lives in similar ways.
This weekend meditation and mindfulness retreat is the perfect opportunity to go deeply into these transformative practices. Spending an entire weekend immersing yourself in mindfulness in the beautiful Yarra Valley, Victoria will mean you experience deep relaxation and reconnect with the stillness within you. You will also return home with a thorough grasp of what meditation and mindfulness are, and a clear understanding of how to apply them in each moment of your life.
This mindfulness training retreat is well suited for both total beginners, as well as experienced meditators wishing to deepen their practice.
On the retreat, you will:
- Learn a range of effective tools for dealing with stress and anxiety
- Deepen self-awareness and gain control over your mind
- Enhance focus and work/study performance
- Learn to use digital technology in ways that add value, rather than problems, to your life
- Improve empathy and compassion, and have better relationships with others
Dr Richard Chambers is a clinical psychologist and internationally-recognised expert in mindfulness. As outlined in his TEDx Talk, he is helping lead a university-wide mindfulness initiative at Monash University. Since 1999, Richard has helped some of Australia’s most prominent businesses and educational institutions enhance their performance, resilience, emotional intelligence and leadership. His highly engaging workshops and keynotes are regularly cited as the highlights of offsites and conferences, and he is highly sought after as a speaker, trainer and coach.
Richard was one of the original developers of Smiling Mind, a free mindfulness app with 4 million downloads. He also co-created the Mindfulness for Wellbeing & Peak Performance and Maintaining a Mindful Life free online courses, which have had over 380,000 users and are rated the #1 online courses of all time by Class Central. He has published three books, Mindful Learning, Mindful Relationships and Mindful Origami, regularly features in mainstream media and is actively involved in research at a number of universities around Australia.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$685 pp **||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp **||Twin/Double room|
|$1300 pp **||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
To find out more or to register for our Everyday Mindfulness retreat at our health and wellness centre in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria, call 1300 651 211, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below to submit your booking request/enquiry and a member of our friendly client services team will be in touch within 24 hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me Retreat w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness with Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Mindful Connections w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales