In response to requests from past meditation retreat participants, Paul and Maia Bedson are offering an “Expand Your Practice” weekend follow up retreat, from 23-25 September 2016.
This weekend retreat is designed specifically for people who have attended a previous meditation retreat at our Yarra Valley Living Centre. It provides an excellent opportunity for past participants to receive guidance and support in expanding their meditation practice.
As the participants of this retreat will already be familiar with our mindfulness based stillness meditation teachings, this retreat will offer a more intensive and more extensive learning experience.
Program sessions will offer time to review and explore these teachings further, with plenty of opportunity to have your questions answered, along with practical sessions to support you as you refine and develop your practice.
In addition to past meditation participants, this retreat would also be beneficial to our MBSM teaching graduates. Paul will spend allocated time with the teaching group, debriefing on teaching experiences, revising course material and supporting you in refining and expanding your own meditation practice. You will also receive a certificate of attendance for 20 hours.
The new meditation topics that will be introduced and practised are:
- deepening your meditation
- “Who’s meditating?” – an exploration of the silent, witnessing presence in meditation
- mindfulness meditation and the chakra system of energies
- moving from duality and separated consciousness to higher levels
- understanding the three types of suffering: physical, psychological and existential.
- the form and spirit of meditation –the technique and going beyond the technique
- exploring the boundaries between self and not-self
- meditation and spirituality
- experiencing the stillness in meditation
- the place of mystery, not-knowing and spaciousness in meditation
And as well as all these deep and meaningful topics there may be space for a few new meditation jokes!
Paul and Maia would really love to see you again and support you in the next step of your journey.