- 2 nights, Weekend Retreat
- Friday 24 – Sunday 26 July 2020 (starts 5pm, finishes 4pm)
- Facilitated by wellness retreat leaders Ros Ben-Moshe and Jennifer Karlich
Laughter and Resilience
Leave the stresses of the outside world behind and embark on this joyfully nourishing and restorative weekend retreat led by wellness retreat leaders Ros Ben-Moshe and Jennifer Karlich.
Be guided on an experientially rich healing journey through laughter, mindfulness and Qoya (embodied movement), to release negativity, tension and stress and reconnect to your healing place – a place filled with joy, calm and peace.
Objective of the Retreat
A safe space will be created for you to:
- Experience an experientially rich healing journey through laughter, positivity resilience, movement and mindfulness.
- Explore your capacity for staying in the present moment with whatever is happening in your outside world
- Foster an understanding of your infinite capacity for resources inside yourself
- Uncover insights about your ability to handle whatever shows up for you
- Release tension and stress
- Play with relaxing into more joy, calm and peace.
WHO IS THE RETREAT TAILORED FOR?
This retreat is perfect if you:
- Find yourself stuck in conditioned thinking, false beliefs and limited thinking
- Would like to experience ease in navigating relationships with your self and others
- Desire to find inspiration and motivation more consistently available
- Are open to developing inner resources to more effortlessly navigate through challenges and adversity.
- Experience a variety of intentional laughter and joyful breathing practices including laughter yoga, smiling meditation and laughter meditation
- Learn to meet your thoughts, feelings and experiences with a laughter mindset so you can let go of struggle and experience more joy, passion and contentment in your life.
- Practice being in the NOW through a range of mindfulness practices including walking, breathing and inner smile meditations
- Learn to create conditions to enhance your wellbeing and inner peace
- Gain a deeper, more loving and compassionate relationship with your self and others
- Journey with resources such as gratitude and self-compassion that promote growing the good in your life so you can experience greater passion, flow and vitality
- Discover a range of Positive Psychology practices to rewire the brain and create a positive mindset including conscious gratitude, endorphin-boosters and other techniques to tap into your happy hormones.
- Experience profound self-healing with this embodiment modality that provides movement nutrition for your body with an invitation to follow the physical sensation back to its source – that is the essence inside you
- Be guided to move how it feels right for your body. Tap into the intelligence of your body to help you release attachments of the mind
- Discover the role of ritual and ceremony to allow the healing magic of remembering into our very cells.
You will be further pampered by the calming and conducive natural forest environment, purpose-built retreat facilities, contemplative spaces, and deeply nourishing plant-based wholefoods at the Yarra Valley Living Centre. Everything is taken care of here, so you can truly immerse yourself, and re-emerge feeling renewed and inspired to live your truth.
This retreat is perfect for first timers or those wanting to deepen their practice/s.
Ros is founding Director of LaughLife Wellbeing Programs, http://laughlife.com.au a leading provider of laughter wellness, positivity and mindfulness programs. She is Adjunct lecturer at the School of Public Health at La Trobe University, where for many years she lectured in health promotion and public health. She is author of the critically acclaimed “Laughing at cancer – How to Heal with Love, Laughter and Mindfulness” (http://laughingatcancer.com) based on a series of journals she wrote following a shock diagnosis of bowel cancer at the age of 42. Ros is Ambassador for the digital CancerAid app, mentor for Bowel Cancer Australia peer/buddy program, and It is both a memoir of her journey to wellness and wellbeing guide for anyone facing a significant health or life challenge, and not specifically cancer. Her laughter therapy work in aged care and for patients on dialysis has featured in mainstream Australian media and her book has featured on national TV and radio. Ros has written for an extensive range of health and wellbeing publications as well as general media such as The Huffington Post, Mamamia and Wellbeing magazine. Media interviews and publications: http://laughlife.com.au/links/ and http://laughlife.com.au/articles-by-ros/.
Ros Ben-Moshe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3b2UYqKDEzcRWuiwxiw5Q
Jennifer is founder of The Joy Space, a business with a focus on well being and specialising in workshops and classes that combine the modalities of laugher, play, movement and breath to reconnect us with what makes us happy and feel well.
Jennifer is a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader and Teacher and a member of the Institute of Complimentary Therapists. She is co founder of The Laughter Club and is recognised as a creative, engaging and innovative presenter within the industry.
Jennifer is an internationally qualified Qoya teacher. Qoya is an embodiment practice encompassing dance, yoga and sensual movement. She has a passion for reconnecting people into the joy of being embodied in human form and into the intelligence of our bodies.
Jennifer has practiced and trained in many modalities including Reiki, Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction.
Jennifer is creator of the Flourishing Kids program, The Flourishing Mission, The Flourishing Woman Project and co founder of the Fun Flourishing Families suite of products. She utilises her knowledge of Growth Mindset, Positive Psychology and Subtractive Psychology to bring practical and creative solutions to navigating life and uncovering our full potential.
|$685 pp *||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp *||Twin/Double room|
|$1300 pp *||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
Laughter and Resilience Enquiry
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse, Caroline Hales, Paul Hales & Will Salter
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Coming Home Retreat w/Daniel Cerny, Emma Strembickyj & Katie Underwood
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop
- Laughter & Resilience Retreat
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Men’s Health w/ Daniel Cerny and Charlie Cousins
- Mindful Connection w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Parenting with Presence Retreat
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Unlocking Your Potential with Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales