- 5 days | 4 nights (from Mon 11.30am to Fri 2pm)
- 2020 Dates:
- Mon 9th – Fri 13th Oct 2020
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson
- A personal immersion into the Yarra Valley Living Centre’s ‘7 Essential Elements’ for health and wellbeing.
- Learn the positive lifestyle changes you can adopt to feel more revitalized; develop greater clarity, purpose and insight; reduce stress; regain balance in your body, mind and emotions; strengthen your relationships; and cultivate more contentment and joy in your life.
Live Well, Be Well Retreat
Welcome to Live Well, Be Well. Our ‘signature’ wellbeing program, facilitated by master facilitators, Paul & Maia Bedson.
Over five life-changing days, you will embark on a personal immersion into the Yarra Valley Living Centre’s 7 Essential Elements for good health and wellbeing.
These same evidence-based teachings, have formed the backbone of our healing programs for over 35 years, and are now being offered as a proactive, empowerment program for anybody seeking wellness and wanting to live their best possible life.
Over the during of the retreat, you will:
- develop a simple yet profound mindfulness meditation practice for deep relaxation, stress management and life-long inner peace
- experience firsthand, the benefits that an anti-inflammatory plant-based wholefoods diet has not only on your body but also on your sense of wellbeing
- harness the power of the mind in positive and creative ways
- understand the importance of emotional health; and gain practical resources to be able to deal with challenging emotions such as anger, anxiety and grief
- explore communication strategies for greater openness and intimacy
- create more meaning and purpose in your life through practical spirituality
- understand the role of moderate to intense exercise for long-term health and wellbeing
- bring the fun and joy back into your life
Topics covered in our educational sessions include:
- The How and Why to meditate – clarity in the theory and practice
- Understanding different styles of meditation, then focusing on Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation
- Understanding the Stress Response (Red Zone) and the Relaxation Response (Green Zone) and the importance of balance between “doing” and “being”
- Excessive thinking and how it creates stress
- The strengths and weaknesses of the thinking mind
- The importance of spaciousness and stillness for growth and healing
- Mindfulness of breath, body sensations, emotions, thoughts and stillness
- Identifying resistance to meditation and getting through it
- Becoming more present and grounded
- Finding peace and joy through meditation
- The psychology of eating
- The benefits of a wholefoods, plant diet approach
- Making eating healthier a joy, rather than a stress
- Experiencing a vibrant healing menu with meals, snacks and juices
- How to put it all into practice
Power of the Mind
- Saying “Yes” to life
- Creating positive intentions for growth and healing
- Understanding and releasing limiting, self-sabotaging core beliefs
- Learning to let go of past hurts and move forward in your life
- Consciously using the law of attraction
- Experiencing how vulnerability and sensitivity can be strengths not weaknesses
- Learning skillful tools for managing challenging feelings
- Understanding the cognitive (thinking) and affective (feeling) sides of emotions
- Taking ownership of your feelings
- Dealing with emotions: anxiety depression, anger without hurting yourself or others
- Identifying and releasing negative behavior patterns
- Becoming less reactive, judgmental and critical of self or others
- Becoming more grounded and centered
- Developing self-compassion, courage and empathy through feeling your feelings
- Building emotional resilience
Quest for Meaning
- Identifying what you love and cherish – the most important things in life
- Exploring your values- are they chosen or conditioned?
- Understanding spiritual needs and aspirations
- Understanding the health impacts of a sedentary lifestyle and the chronic illnesses related to it
- The range of positive effects regular exercise has on mind, emotions and physical body
- Recommended amount, intensity and frequency of exercise
- You will be encouraged to participate in daily moderate exercise activities such as Qigong and walking on our beautiful 40 acres of gardens and bushland
- Clear communication skills
- Establishing healthy boundaries to protect and express yourself
- Making requests rather than demands
- Giving and receiving support
- The power of forgiving yourself and others
- Giving appreciations and expressing gratitude
Paul and Maia Bedson have decades of experience in leading healing and wellbeing retreat programs, and provide a supportive, empowering space for deep healing and personal transformation.
You will be further supported by a group of like-minded individuals, the calming and conducive natural forest environment, purpose-built retreat facilities and contemplative spaces at the Yarra Valley Living Centre.
Everything is taken care of here, so you can truly immerse yourself, and re-emerge feeling renewed and inspired, with a range of tools, techniques and resources for creating sustainable wellbeing.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$1,775 pp||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$2,185 pp||Twin/Double room|
|$3,398 pp||Single room – subject to availability|
A $550 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
Live Well, Be Well Enquiry Form
Our client services team are here to answer any questions you may have. Call us on 1300 651 211, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch shortly.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- New Zealand – Deep Peace Meditation Retreat w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse