- 4 nights (Mon-Fri)
- 10-14 September 2018
- Facilitated by Dr Ruth Gawler and supported by Julia Broome
- Be more at ease with yourself and your feelings
- Experience the connectedness and clarity of mindfulness
- Journey from profound relaxation into stillness
Meditation - Pure & Simple
Join Dr Ruth Gawler as she leads this five-day meditation retreat focusing on relaxation, mindfulness and stillness meditation. You will experience a clearer and calmer mind, and learn how to let go through the body so you can access stillness.
The teachings in this retreat are based on Ruth’s many years of experience as a group facilitator, GP and psychotherapist, as well as founded in the widely acclaimed teachings and techniques of her husband, Dr Ian Gawler, who learnt directly from Dr Ainslie Meares – a pioneer in the therapeutic use of meditation.
The techniques she imparts will help you develop confidence in the healing potential and power of your mind, through the process of bringing more awareness of your body. You will learn how to combine deep relaxation techniques with mindfulness meditation to enhance your practice, and to release stress that is often stored in the body as a result of a busy and complex modern world.
Ruth’s teaching style is one of openness and authenticity, and there will be plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. Techniques covered in this retreat will be accessible and engaging for both beginners and more experienced meditators.
Daily experiential teaching sessions will be supported by regular guided and silent meditation practices – about 4 hours per day in total, and mostly in 40-minute (medium intensity) sessions – and physical movement integration activities like Yoga, Feldenkrais, mindfulness walking and dance.
While highly instructional and guided in nature, this retreat also provides the spaciousness and an extraordinary opportunity for deep rest and regeneration.
There will be periods of noble silence in the mornings, and free time in the afternoons to honour your own personal needs.
There will also be opportunities to enhance your retreat experience with relaxation massage, reflexology, remedial massage, or a private Feldenkrais treatment (note: additional costs apply).
Furthermore, you will be supported in the restorative process by the calming and conducive forest environment, purpose-built facilities, contemplative spaces, and deeply nourishing plant-based wholefoods and fresh juices at the Yarra Valley Living Centre. Everything is taken care of, so you can let go into profound relaxation and stillness and return home rejuvenated and revitalized.
This retreat is well suited to the general public, and health practitioners from all disciplines. Certificates of attendance can be provided upon request.
Dr Ruth Gawler (MBBS MGP Psych)
Ruth’s regular study and practice of yoga, medicine, and meditation for over 35 years informs her ways of assisting people to open their awareness, deepen their self-understanding and transform their own lived- experience – in order to enhance fundamental good health and profound wellbeing. She has worked and studied for over 17 years with her husband Ian Gawler and is past President of Meditation Australia. As a General Practitioner with a Masters in psychiatry, Ruth has a special interest in Mind-Body Medicine and what can unleash our hidden potential for integration and recovery. For more detail on Ruth Gawler please visit iangawler.com.
Julia Broome (Dip Physio, Certified Feldenkrais practitioner)
An experienced meditation practitioner and teacher, Julia has worked with Ruth for many years. She has extensive experience assisting those with chronic pain and movement difficulties, as well as improving capacity and satisfaction for those in creative pursuits including their work.
Price starts from $1,690 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation, and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, teas and dandelion coffee. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, and purchases from our resource centre.
Please note: financial members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Meditation - Pure & Simple Enquiry Form
To find out more or to register for our next Meditation – Pure & Simple retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 2 business hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse, Caroline Hales, Paul Hales & Will Salter
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Coming Home Retreat w/Daniel Cerny, Emma Strembickyj & Katie Underwood
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop
- Laughter & Resilience Retreat
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Men’s Health w/ Daniel Cerny and Charlie Cousins
- Mindful Connection w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Parenting with Presence Retreat
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Unlocking Your Potential with Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales