- 4 nights (Fri-Tues)
- 17-21 May or 29 Nov-3 Dec
- Facilitated by Prof Sanjay Raghav (Integrative Neurologist) and Dr Ruth Gawler (Integrative GP)
- This retreat program is designed for those managing autoimmune conditions, chronic degenerative illness and anxiety or depression
- Learn how you can make a difference to your illness and your prognosis
Mindbody Medicine Retreat
with Prof Sanjay Raghav and Dr Ruth Gawler
“The natural healing force within us is the greatest force in getting well.” – Hippocrates
Facilitated by Mindbody Medicine experts Prof Sanjay Raghav (Neurologist) and Dr Ruth Gawler (Integrative GP); this 5 day Mindbody Medicine retreat program has been specifically designed to assist people in managing a wide range of illnesses and health disorders including, but not limited to, autoimmune or inflammatory conditions, degenerative diseases, mental health issues, and chronic stress.
Throughout the retreat, participants will:
- Explore the different facets of Mindbody Medicine, and how you can use Integrative Medicine for managing and even overcoming illness
- Receive clinical and personal assistance from two of Australia’s most passionate Mindbody Medicine advocates
- Learn about the root cause of dis-ease states and the modifiable factors, which play a role in disease causation and prognosis
- Understand the lifestyle changes that can be implemented to encourage the body to get well
- Gain practical Mindbody techniques to stimulate and support the body’s natural healing processes
- Receive evidence-based recommendations for therapeutic nutrition
- Look at emotional health and stress management as vital aspects of a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing
- Use self-inquiry, mindfulness, and meditation to access peace of mind
- Be inspired by people who have overcome their problems
- Develop clear health and wellbeing goals
- Feel empowered and prepared for the road to recovery
Participants will be further supported through this life-changing retreat program by the calming and conducive natural forest environment, purpose-built retreat facilities, contemplative spaces, and deeply nourishing plant-based wholefoods at the Yarra Valley Living Centre.
There will also be opportunities to enhance your retreat experience with a variety of body therapies on offer (note: additional costs apply).
Everything is taken care of, so you can truly immerse yourself in this Mindbody experience, and re-emerge revitalised and ready to create new possibilities for your life.
A/Prof Sanjay Raghav
MBBS, MD, DM, FRACP
Certified Level 2 Yoga Teacher
Professor Sanjay Raghav is a Senior Consultant Neurologist and movement disorder specialist at Monash Medical Centre and Frankston Hospital and has been the Director at Dandenong Neurology since 2007. He is an Associate Professor at RMIT, a senior lecturer at Monash University, and the visiting Professor for the division of “Yoga & Life Sciences” with the S-VYASA Yoga University in Bangalore, India. Sanjay has a keen interest in holistic living and is proactive in teaching his patients and students how to enrich their lives through an integrative approach to health and wellbeing.
Dr Ruth Gawler
MBBS MGP Psych RACGP
Ruth is a General Practitioner with post-graduate training in psychiatry and wholistic health. She is passionate about Mindbody Medicine and what helps people to heal and be happier – physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually. Her own personal study and practice of yoga and meditation for over 40 years informs her ways of assisting people to overcome and recover from major illness, and to find more ease in their situations. She has an openness, directness and authenticity that have endeared her to many, and has been learning from her husband Ian Gawler for over 20 years. Together they led programs and meditation retreats, for many years, around Australia and New Zealand. Past-president of Meditation Australia, Ruth was on their Board for 8 years and played a significant role in bringing to reality their vision of integrating mindfulness and meditation into widespread use.
Price starts from $1,690 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation, and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, teas and dandelion coffee. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, and purchases from our resource centre. Please note: financial members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Mindbody Medicine Retreat Enquiry Form
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Eat Well : Live Well w/nutritionist Maia Bedson
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 10th March 2019
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Mindful Relationships w/Dr Ruth Gawler & Murray Paterson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Return to Peace w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Spirituality & Healing w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse
- Wu Tao Dance & Art Therapy w/holistic health practitioner Wendy Nash