- 5 days | 4 nights (From Fri 5pm to Tues 4pm)
- 2020 Dates:
- Fri 1 – Tues 5 May
- Fri 11 – Tues 15 Dec
- Facilitated by Prof Sanjay Raghav (Integrative Neurologist) and other mindbody experts
- Suitable for people dealing with chronic conditions, stress, and for those who are simply looking to improve their health and wellbeing
Mindbody Medicine Retreat
with Prof Sanjay Raghav
Facilitated by mindbody experts and led by Prof Sanjay Raghav (Integrative Neurologist); this 5-day Mindbody Medicine retreat program has been specifically designed to assist people dealing with chronic conditions, stress, and for those who are simply looking to improve their health and wellbeing. Dr Raghav’s background as a neuroscientist and a yoga teacher brings coherence of eastern and western healing methodologies.
Throughout the retreat, participants will:
- Receive clinical and personal assistance from Australia’s most passionate Mindbody Medicine practitioners
- Gain an understanding of Mindbody Medicine principles, with easy-to-understand scientific explanations of current brain research
- Explore the different facets of Mindbody Medicine, and how you can use Integrative Medicine for managing and even overcoming illness
- Learn about the root cause of dis-ease states and the modifiable factors, which play a role in disease causation and prognosis
- Learn how to tap into the healing force within you
- Gain practical Mindbody techniques and lifestyle changes to stimulate and support the body’s natural healing processes
- Receive evidence-based recommendations for therapeutic nutrition
- Look at emotional health and stress management as vital aspects of a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing
- Use yoga, self-inquiry, mindfulness, and meditation to access peace of mind (no prior experience required, however, some degree of mobility is required to participate in yoga sessions)
- Be inspired by people who have overcome their problems
- Develop clear health and wellbeing goals
- Feel empowered and prepared for the road to recovery
Participants will be further supported through this life-changing retreat program by the calming and conducive natural forest environment, purpose-built retreat facilities, contemplative spaces, and deeply nourishing plant-based wholefoods at the Yarra Valley Living Centre.
There will also be opportunities to enhance your retreat experience with a variety of body therapies on offer (note: additional costs apply).
Everything is taken care of, so you can truly immerse yourself in this life changing experience, and re-emerge revitalised and ready to create new possibilities for your life.
A/Prof Sanjay Raghav
MBBS, MD, DM, FRACP
Certified Level 2 Yoga Teacher
Sanjay Raghav is a Senior Consultant Neurologist at Monash Health and Peninsula Health. He manages an integrative neurology practice at Dandenong Neurology since 2006. He holds academic positions at RMIT and Monash University where he is actively involved in neuroscience research. He is also visiting Professor for the division of “Yoga & Life Sciences” with the S-VYASA Yoga University in Bangalore, India where he helps PhD yoga research programs. Sanjay has a keen interest in holistic living and is proactive in teaching his patients and students how to enrich their lives through an integrative approach to health and wellbeing.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$1,775 pp||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$2,185 pp||Twin/Double room|
|$3,398 pp||Single room – subject to availability|
A $550 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
Financial members of our Foundation receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly staff members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
Mindbody Medicine Retreat Enquiry Form
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me Retreat w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Mindful Connections w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Unlocking Your Potential with Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales