- 4 nights (Monday – Friday)
- Running from 9-13 September 2019
- Facilitated by Dr Ruth Gawler (Integrative GP) and Murray Paterson (Director, Mindful Growth)
- Learn practical tools for building and strengthening healthy, mindful relationships at work, in your community, and at home with your partner and/or family.
Mindful Relationships Retreat
with Dr Ruth Gawler and Murray Paterson
“When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another – and ourselves.” – Jack Kornfield
Improving our relationships relies on us becoming more aware of what is happening for us personally, and becoming more aware of other people’s experience of us.
Join Dr Ruth Gawler and Murray Paterson for this life-enriching retreat program, where they guide you through an insightful process of increasing your awareness, understanding and capacity, for building and strengthening healthy, mindful relationships at work, in your community, and at home with your partner and/or family.
Over five transformative days, you will learn mindfulness practices to cultivate greater internal-and external-awareness and to change your relationships for the better, by:
- Developing greater self-awareness and understanding your tendencies in relationships.
- Learning a variety of techniques to become fully present with the important people in your life.
- Gaining personal insight into what can help strengthen your relationships.
- Improving your capacity to manage challenging situations.
- Understanding how to reduce stress and tension in your relationships.
- Expanding your personal range of responses.
- Embracing a flexible mindset.
- Breaking unhelpful habits and making positive behavioural changes, that will lead to more satisfying exchanges with others.
- Letting go of any beliefs that are holding you back from greater connection with others.
- Recognising your own needs, and learning what proper boundaries are, so you don’t burn out – or want to bail out.
- Allowing yourself to say “no” without guilt.
- Being more loving and open to giving and receiving in intimate relationships, and expanding your capacity to help others in general.
About The Facilitators
Dr Ruth Gawler
MBBS MGPPsych FRACGP
Ruth is a general practitioner with post-graduate training in psychiatry. She has a special interest in Mindbody Medicine and what helps people to heal – physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually. Ruth’s regular personal study and practice of yoga and meditation over 35 years informs many of her ways in assisting people to open their awareness, connect with body, deeply relax and integrate their whole being. She has an openness, directness and authenticity that have endeared her to many. She has worked and studied for over 17 years with her husband Ian Gawler in programs and meditation retreats around Australia and New Zealand. Past president of Meditation Australia, Ruth was on their Board for 8 years and played a significant role in bringing to reality their vision of integrating mindfulness and meditation into everyday life.
Murray is the owner and director of Mindful Growth, a consultancy service based on his professional experience as a senior learning and development professional for over 30 years, and his knowledge that personal and professional growth commences with the raising of one’s self-awareness through mindfulness practice. This growing self-awareness combined with increased knowledge and skill in turn can lead to living a life with a greater sense of meaning and purpose. Murray is also a director of the Potential Project, a global corporate-based mindfulness training and research organisation. Murray began practising mindfulness in his late teens following the illness of his father. He has applied this skill in many settings including professional services, corporate training, tertiary education and secondary education administration. It is Murray’s most recent experience in the fast-paced corporate world where he has designed and lead senior leadership programs, coached at an executive level, and managed national training programs which he will apply in this residential program. He is most well known in the workplace for his curiosity, sensitivity and concern for the development of others.
Price starts from $1,890 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation, and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, teas and dandelion coffee. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, and purchases from our resource centre. Please note: financial members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Reclaiming Joy Enquiry Form
To find out more or to register for our next Reclaiming Joy retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the contact form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 2 business hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Eat Well : Live Well w/nutritionist Maia Bedson
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 10th March 2019
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Mindful Relationships w/Dr Ruth Gawler & Murray Paterson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- New Zealand – Peace of Mind Meditation Retreat w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Return to Peace w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Spirituality & Healing w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse
- Wu Tao Dance & Art Therapy w/holistic health practitioner Wendy Nash