- 2 nights
Fri 6 – Sun 8 Sept 2019
- Music & Mindfulness
- Music & Guided Imagery
- Mindfulness & Movement
- Music & Inspiration
- Labyrinth Walk (In silence)
- Toning and voice work
- Sunday Afternoon Closing Concert with The Light Duo
Music and Mindfulness Meditation Retreat
Resident harpist, Michael Johnson will be hosting an uplifting weekend meditation retreat. Participants will be using music to aid mindfulness meditation, inspiring feelings of peace, calm and a deep sense of well-being. The music and mindfulness meditations will be held in the beautiful meditation sanctuary with Michael’s gentle harp music. There will be opportunity to experience all facets of uplifting music through chanting, music and drum circle and concluding with The Bud and The Harpist Recital on Sunday afternoon, featuring storyteller Julie Nihill and harpist Michael Johnson.
People not attending this weekend retreat, may still attend the Sunday afternoon Recital at a fee of $25 per person. For recital only bookings, please click here.
Michael Johnson, Harpist and Composer, has been performing in major concert venues and festivals throughout Australia. As well as a concert performer, Michael has been working in the field of music for meditation. His tranquil harp music has been an integral part of the Mindfulness Music program at The Gawler Cancer Foundation for over twenty five years. He also uses Music & Mindfulness in Victorian schools and at Delmont Hospital. He has been the resident musician at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne for over a decade, performing in the Harp the Gardens recitals and Twilight Music concerts, providing his music for thousands of overseas guests and visitors to the gardens. His compositions are regularly aired on national radio and television.
“…Michael Johnson has been a key member of the therapeutic team at The Foundation since 1991 with his highly valued music based mindfulness meditation sessions. He has been conducting these music meditation sessions for most of The Gawler Cancer Foundation retreats and conferences reaching more than ten thousand people during this time. Regularly retreat participants comment how enjoyable and valuable they experienced the harp based meditation sessions with Mike. He has a special gift to tune into each group anew and adapt his music to the energies of the respective group. In addition to this his love and knowledge of music is contagious and his enthusiasm adds to the group experience. Mike complements so well with his music meditations our objective to teach people to meditate for health and wellbeing reasons without any religious overtones.
His “Music and Stillness” harp meditations are being used in schools, hospitals and in the field of mental health care.
Mike has also been called upon to play his meditative harp music to people who were reaching the end of their lives. He demonstrates a unique quality to tune into the sick and dying person and to contribute towards greater inner peace with his beautiful music and his qualities as a compassionate human being…” – Siegfried Gutbrod, past therapeutic director, The Gawler Cancer Foundation
Pricing starts from $650 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation, and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: financial members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include transport, massage therapies and purchases from our resource centre.
Music & Mindfulness Enquiry Form
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- Eat Well : Live Well w/nutritionist Maia Bedson
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 10th March 2019
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Mindful Relationships w/Dr Ruth Gawler & Murray Paterson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- New Zealand – Deep Peace Meditation Retreat w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Return to Peace w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Spirituality & Healing w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse
- Wu Tao Dance & Art Therapy w/holistic health practitioner Wendy Nash