- 3 days | 2 night Weekend Retreat (from Fri 5 pm to Sun 3.30 pm)
- 2020 dates:
- Fri 4th – Sun 6th Sept 2020
- Facilitated by Harpist, Michael Johnson and composer who has performed in major concert venues and festivals throughout Australia. As well as a concert performer, Michael has been working in the field of music for meditation. His tranquil harp music has been an integral part of The Gawler Cancer Foundation for over twenty six years. He also uses Music and Mindfulness in Victorian Schools and at Delmont Hospital. His compositions are regularly aired on national radio and television and he has a string of music cd’s to his name.
Mindfulness and Music Meditation Retreat
Join resident harpist, Michael Johnson, for his annual Mindfulness & Music weekend retreat at the Yarra Valley Living Centre.
Over the course of the weekend, participants will have the opportunity to explore all facets of uplifting music through toning and chanting, music and movement, and other creative music activities. Participants will also experience how music can aid mindfulness meditation, and inspire feelings of peace, calm and a deep sense of well-being. Michael’s Music and mindfulness meditation sessions will be held in the Yarra Valley Living Centre’s beautiful purpose-built Meditation Sanctuary.
Participants will also be treated to uplifting film, a group labyrinth walk, ample free time to explore the natural garden and forest surroundings, peruse the on-site resource centre, or enjoy a treatment by one of our skilled body therapists. The retreat will conclude with a special Wind through the Strings concert on Sunday afternoon.
All music and/or meditation sessions are well suited to both first timers, and those who have prior experience.
“As well as the meditation, I also loved the delicious and ‘oh-so-healthy’ food, the Sanctuary, the quality of the property (inside and out), the abundance of nature, and the very special bonus – Michael Johnson and his harp music!” – Ann Bidstrup
Note: People not attending this weekend retreat, may still attend the Sunday afternoon concert at a fee of $15 per person. For concert only bookings, please click here.
Michael Johnson, Harpist and Composer, has been performing in major concert venues and festivals throughout Australia. As well as a concert performer, Michael has been working in the field of music for meditation. His tranquil harp music has been an integral part of the Mindfulness Music program at The Gawler Cancer Foundation for over twenty five years. He also uses Music & Mindfulness in Victorian schools and at Delmont Hospital. He has been the resident musician at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne for over a decade, performing in the Harp the Gardens recitals and Twilight Music concerts, providing his music for thousands of overseas guests and visitors to the gardens. His compositions are regularly aired on national radio and television.
“…Michael Johnson has been a key member of the therapeutic team at The Foundation since 1991 with his highly valued music based mindfulness meditation sessions. He has been conducting these music meditation sessions for most of The Gawler Cancer Foundation retreats and conferences reaching more than ten thousand people during this time. Regularly retreat participants comment how enjoyable and valuable they experienced the harp based meditation sessions with Mike. He has a special gift to tune into each group anew and adapt his music to the energies of the respective group. In addition to this his love and knowledge of music is contagious and his enthusiasm adds to the group experience. Mike complements so well with his music meditations our objective to teach people to meditate for health and wellbeing reasons without any religious overtones.
His “Music and Stillness” harp meditations are being used in schools, hospitals and in the field of mental health care.
Mike has also been called upon to play his meditative harp music to people who were reaching the end of their lives. He demonstrates a unique quality to tune into the sick and dying person and to contribute towards greater inner peace with his beautiful music and his qualities as a compassionate human being…” – Siegfried Gutbrod, past therapeutic director, The Gawler Cancer Foundation
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$685 pp*||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp*||Twin/Double room|
|$1,300 pp*||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
Mindfulness & Music Enquiry Form
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse, Caroline Hales, Paul Hales & Will Salter
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Coming Home Retreat w/Daniel Cerny, Emma Strembickyj & Katie Underwood
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop
- Laughter & Resilience Retreat
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Men’s Health w/ Daniel Cerny and Charlie Cousins
- Mindful Connection w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Parenting with Presence Retreat
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Unlocking Your Potential with Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales