- 2 days | 2 nights (from Friday 3pm to Sunday 4.30pm)
- 19-21 June 2020
- An in-depth retreat immersion specifically tailored to parents
- Facilitated by Suzanne Marambio and Amanda Spencer from Present Mindfulness Academy
- Two days of self-enquiry, self-awareness, self–care and conscious parenting tools for empowerment
Parenting with Presence Retreat
Parenting with Presence is about Accepting the As-Is-Ness of your feelings, and your child’s feelings, in the present moment.
In this transformational weekend retreat, mindful parenting experts Suzanne Marambio and Amanda Spencer will gently guide you through a process of self-enquiry – exploring your inner child and how that may be affecting your own experiences as a parent. You will learn practical daily mindfulness techniques, to strengthen and nurture your relationship with yourself, thereby cultivating a happier and healthier relationship with your child/ren.
Within a group of like-minded parents and free from the usual responsibilities of everyday life, you will embark on a self-discovery journey that will lead to deep understanding and healing, give you clarity about why you may feel disconnected from your child/ren and triggered by your child/ren’s behaviour, which will help you transform the way you relate with your child/ren.
Together we will explore:
- Working through childhood events and beliefs that are affecting your parenting;
- Identifying your parenting style and what perceptions, beliefs and judgments are causing you stress due to being triggered;
- Learning how to accept your child’s behaviour without judgement;
- Developing new ways to mindfully connect with your child;
- Understanding the importance of self-care and how that makes you a better parent;
- Practising mindfulness tools and techniques for self-regulation and mental wellbeing;
- Creating space and time to reflect and reconnect to your mind, body and spirit.
This weekend will include the four key aspects to Parenting with Presence:
- Understanding the Self
- Understanding the Child
- Understanding & Implementing Self-care
- Learning Parenting with Presence Tools & Systems
And as a bonus, an evening of self- care will be provided.
Parents will go home with:
- Increased confidence and connection to their feelings so they can not only be their own Emotional Coach but also their child/rens
- A new perspective about parenting and how their child’s behaviour awakens them to self.
- A deeper level of compassion and discernment towards their child/rens emotions and behaviour
- New ways to skillfully respond to stress and challenging situations with their child/ren using self-regulation parenting tools and conflict resolution methods.
- Improved mental wellbeing, increased understanding and love for themselves
- A self-care plan and mindfulness practices to support the journey of self – nourishment
- A 28 Day Parenting Plan to implement after the retreat
Participants are further supported by the calming and conducive natural forest environment, purpose-built retreat facilities, contemplative spaces, and deeply nourishing plant-based wholefoods at the Yarra Valley Living Centre. Everything is taken care of here, so you can truly immerse yourself, and re-emerge feeling empowered to create new possibilities for your life.
About Suzanne & Amanda
Suzanne Marambio and Amanda Spencer created Present Mindfulness Academy because they noticed that some very important life skills were missing from their lives. They came to realise that their parents and the education system failed to provide them with the mindful tools of self-awareness, self-management and emotional regulation and so embarked on a mission to provide the tools needed to help create professional human beings that are socially & emotionally intelligent by developing better self –awareness and emotional regulation for responsible decision making and happier parenting.
Learn more about your facilitators at www.pmacademy.com.au
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/presentmindfulness
MBSR , Educator Training for Mindful Schools
Parenting with Presence Retreat Facilitator
In addition to running meditation, mindfulness and Reiki at a (mental health & physical) disability employment service, Amanda Spencer also offers mindfulness courses, self-care retreats, conscious parenting workshops, one-on-one mentoring and is the mind facilitator of The Prosperity Project.
She is a dedicated mother to three children, Mindfulness Facilitator, Co-founder of Present Mindfulness Academy, Conscious Parenting Mentor and Reiki Master.
Amanda believes self-care is crucial for a healthy mind and body. Since dealing with Post Natal Depression, Amanda has been practising Mindfulness, Meditation, Reiki and Conscious Parenting daily, to maintain her mental wellbeing.
Her own personal healing journey birthed a strong calling to help other struggling parents, which lead to the co-creation of the Present Mindfulness Academy’s signature ‘Parenting with Presence’ course. Amanda also shares her insights as a wellness guest speaker at events that donate a portion of their proceeds to PANDA – events include Mums Who Wine and Smiling after PND.
Amanda is very perceptive and uses empathy and understanding to connect with her students; this allows her students to feel supported and safe whilst on their journey of self-discovery.
MBSR, Educator Training for Mindful Life
Parenting with Presence Retreat Facilitator
Suzanne Marambio is a conscious mother of two, Mindfulness Facilitator, Co-founder of Present Mindfulness Academy, and Conscious Parenting Mentor. She is committed to her spiritual and personal development through meditation and mindfulness.
In her early years of motherhood, Suzanne experienced postnatal mood swings of anger and resentment. She worked on managing her emotions using Mindfulness and Meditation, and now understands the importance of having a self–care plan. She follows a daily practice of meditation, Qigong, mindfulness, Reiki and magnified healing to nourish her mind and body.
Suzanne is dedicated in uplifting, inspiring and supporting parents to become the best versions of themselves as she understands that parenthood is the path to spiritual awakening. By using the practices of self-care, unconditional love, mindfulness and self-regulation, this leads to emotional intelligence.
Suzanne has studied Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Conscious Parenting by Dr Shefali Tsabary, Numerology, Reiki Level 1 & 2, Drumming and is also a Master Teacher of Magnified Healing.
Her PMA achievements include facilitating self-care retreats and stress reduction courses, teaching conscious parenting courses and being a wellness guest speaker at events that donate a portion of their proceeds to Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia (PANDA), including Mums Who Wine and Smiling after PND.
As a retreat facilitator, Suzanne brings a nurturing and compassionate approach. She creates a sacred space for deep personal healing and transformation when sharing her passion for sound healing therapy and frame drumming.
Pricing & Bookings
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$685 pp *||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$840 pp *||Twin/Double room|
|$1300 pp *||Single room – subject to availability|
A $330 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). By paying your deposit, you acknowledge your acceptance of our Cancellation & Transfer Policy. Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
To find out more or to register for our next Art of Relating retreat at our health and wellness centre in the heart of the Yarra Valley, Victoria, call 1300 651 211, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below to submit your booking request/enquiry and a member of our friendly client services team will be in touch within 24 hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Art of Relating with Daniel Cerny & Shiho Mafune
- Being Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse, Caroline Hales, Paul Hales & Will Salter
- Clear Mind, Open Heart with Dr Richard Chambers
- Coming Home Retreat w/Daniel Cerny, Emma Strembickyj & Katie Underwood
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Everyday Mindfulness w/Dr Richard Chambers
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Laughter & Resilience Retreat
- Live Well : Be Well (signature wellbeing program)
- Men’s Health w/ Daniel Cerny and Charlie Cousins
- Mindful Connection w/Dr Richard Chambers & Elisa Caro
- Mindfulness and Music Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- New Year, New You w/Michael Bartura
- Parenting with Presence Retreat
- Positive Neuroplasticity Retreat
- Reclaiming Joy with Drs Ruth & Ian Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Unlocking Your Potential with Daniel Cerny
- Wise Radiant Me w/ Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales