- 7 Days | 6 nights (Friday 11:30am – Thursday 2:00pm)
- 2020 dates:
- Fri 3rd – Thur 9th Apr 2020
- Facilitated by Dr Ruth Gawler (Integrative GP) and Melissa Borich (Registered Senior Yoga Teacher)
- Immerse in the ancient self-healing techniques of yoga, mindfulness and meditation to regain balance in your body, mind, emotions and spirit
- Learn reliable and practical evidence-based techniques to reduce anxiety and depression and reclaim your joy from within
Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
Join Dr Ruth Gawler (Integrative GP) and Melissa Borich (Registered Senior Yoga Teacher) for this week-long personal journey of deep inner healing, within the tranquil sanctuary of the Yarra Valley Living Centre, Victoria.
In our modern-lifestyles, it’s easy to understand how we have come to lose connection with to our own intrinsic joy. Our western culture of needing to do more, achieve more and have more, in order to feel fulfilled, rarely encourages us to take time-out and honour our own internal needs; often leaving our body, mind and spirit feeling deflated and burnt out.
Modern culture has also taught us to look externally – to things outside of ourselves – for solutions to feeling better… substances we can take, new and exciting experiences, or the acquiring of new ‘things’, to shift our current mental and emotional state; however, any relief is often fleeting.
Even when anxiety and anti-depressant medications have been quite helpful, we often reach a point where they are no longer working so well, or we have had enough of taking pills.
Our mental and emotional state can only become balanced when we are attuned to our own internal experiences and needs. To regain balance and cultivate reliable, sustainable joy, the healing needs to happen within.
During this transformative retreat program, Ruth and Melissa will gently guide you through the reliable and practical evidence-based techniques, that you can implement into your everyday life to reduce anxiety and depression naturally and to cultivate and nurture your inner joy.
During this retreat:
- You’ll be able to press the “pause” button and reset your nervous system by learning the rest and digest response. Reboot and review.
- Have help with detoxifying the body using a plant-based wholefood diet and yoga and meditation.
- Explore a variety of yoga classes in a safe and nurturing environment where all levels are catered for from “very beginner” through to “experienced”.
- Develop an easier relationship with your thoughts and emotions and find more ease, kindness and joy with yourself.
- Learn evidence-based alternatives: mindfulness and meditation, complementary therapies for managing mental health.
- Access your own inner wisdom and understanding.
- Give yourself the opportunity to be supported and assisted by experienced facilitators, and like-minded company while you find the time and space to reset your compass. Working out what to leave behind and how to move forward.
Participants will be further supported through this life-changing retreat by the calming and conducive natural forest environment, purpose-built retreat facilities, contemplative spaces, daily fresh juices, and deeply nourishing plant-based wholefoods at the Yarra Valley Living Centre. Everything is taken care of here, so you can truly immerse yourself, and re-emerge feeling empowered to create new possibilities for your life.
About The Facilitators
Dr Ruth Gawler
MBBS MGPPsych FRACGP
Ruth is a general practitioner with post-graduate training in psychiatry. She has a special interest in Mind-Body Medicine and what helps people to heal – physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually. Ruth’s regular personal study and practice of yoga and meditation over 35 years informs many of her ways in assisting people to open their awareness, connect with body, deeply relax and integrate their whole being. She has an openness, directness and authenticity that have endeared her to many. She has worked and studied for over 17 years with her husband Ian Gawler in programs and meditation retreats around Australia and New Zealand. Past president of Meditation Australia, Ruth was on their Board for 8 years and played a significant role in bringing to reality their vision of integrating mindfulness and meditation into everyday life.
Melissa Borich has a long history of dedication to the practice of yoga and meditation including education and training; almost 20 years in fact, with over 15 years of that time being as a teacher.
Residing in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland of Qld Melissa has set up her own retreat space, where she holds regular yoga and meditation classes, courses, residential retreats and workshops.
A highlight in 2018 was being asked to create and share an 8-week programme in Mindfulness for the staff at Nambour Hospital in Qld. This encompassed, gentle yoga, meditation, mindfulness and PMRelaxation techniques. Over 300 staff participated in this programme.
With her gentle yet consistent approach to teaching yoga and meditation one is encouraged to find their ease whatever their level of experience.
Melissa has deepened her studies and personal practice by completing the teacher training programmes at the Yarra Valley Living Centre, in Mindfulness based Stillness Meditation, and Imagery and Contemplation. She also teaches these courses at her retreat space.
Melissa is a registered Senior teacher with Yoga Australia and is also registered with Meditation Australia as an experienced teacher.
The pricing as outlined below covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, accommodation, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport.
|$2,550 pp||Multi-Share room (same-sex dorm)|
|$3,275 pp **||Twin/Double room|
|$4,999 pp **||Single room – subject to availability|
A $550 holding deposit per person is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members receive significant discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your deposit is covered by our full refund policy.
Reclaiming Joy Enquiry Form
To find out more or to register for our next Reclaiming Joy retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the contact form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 2 business hours.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28 Mar 2020
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- New Zealand – Deep Peace Meditation Retreat w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse