- 4 nights
- 2019 date to be confirmed shortly – please contact us to register your interest for the next retreat program
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson
- Take time out of the busyness of life
- Enjoy a deeply restorative meditation immersion in the beautiful Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Explore a wide variety of meditation techniques
- Reconnect with your true nature
Return to Peace
Join Paul and Maia Bedson for five life-enriching days of explorative meditation practice, where you will be gently guided into the heart and essence of meditation through a series of detailed teachings, accompanied by sequential practice sessions. The primary focus will be on the Yarra Valley Living Centre’s Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) style of meditation, however there will be plenty of opportunities to explore additional meditation techniques including intentional meditations, nature meditations, noble silence, and moving meditations – such as walking meditations and Qi Gong.
This longer format (5 day/4 night) Meditation Retreat offers a peaceful and restorative immersion experience for people wanting to take time out from everyday life, to delve into the practice of meditation.
- Develop and/or deepen your personal Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) practice
- Understand and experience how mindfulness of feelings can create self-compassion, openness, emotional resilience and the courage to face difficult emotions
- Understand how mindfulness facilitates the mind/body connection which is essential for health and wellbeing
- Understand and practice how mindfulness can lead to inner peace, stillness and causeless joy
- Experience intentional meditations such as gratitude, self-compassion, and loving kindness
- Explore contemplative periods of noble silence
- Enjoy nature meditations within our beautiful 40 acres of natural bushland and ornamental gardens
- Refine your presence during walking meditations
- Find flow in your body, mind and spirit with Qigong – a gentle, moving form of meditation
The time spent in meditation over the duration of the retreat is moderate, and would be suitable to both experienced meditators looking for guidance and support to deepen their practices, as well as beginner meditators looking to establish a sustainable personal practice.
You will gain the tools to turn inward, connect with your current state of wellbeing, understand your own personal needs, and tap into the stillness and peace inherent in your true nature.
Gain an understanding of the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual benefits of meditation.
Understand the nature of the thinking mind – its strengths and limitations – and understand how ‘excessive thinking’ and ‘stress’ adversely affect your health and wellbeing.
Learn to relax physically, unwind emotionally and calm a busy mind.
Acquire a range of skills for dealing with stress, and becoming less emotionally reactive and therefore more tolerant.
Develop self-esteem and compassion as you connect with your true, spiritual nature.
Price starts from $1,690 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation, and covers all elements of the program, including delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: financial members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include body therapies, transport, and purchases from our resource centre.
Return to Peace Enquiry Form
To find out more or to register for our next retreat, call 1300 651 211 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can submit your booking request/enquiry using the form below and one of our friendly client services team members will be in touch within 2 business hours.