- 4 nights
- 2020 date coming soon – to register your interest, please call 1300 651 211 or submit an online enquiry here
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson
- Take time out of the busyness of life
- Enjoy a deeply restorative meditation immersion in the beautiful Yarra Valley, Victoria
- Explore a wide variety of meditation techniques
- Reconnect with your true nature
Return to Peace
Join Paul and Maia Bedson for five life-enriching days of explorative meditation practice, where you will be gently guided into the heart and essence of meditation through a series of detailed teachings, accompanied by sequential practice sessions. The primary focus will be on the Yarra Valley Living Centre’s Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) style of meditation, however there will be plenty of opportunities to explore additional meditation techniques including intentional meditations, nature meditations, noble silence, and moving meditations – such as walking meditations and Qi Gong.
This longer format (5 day/4 night) Meditation Retreat offers a peaceful and restorative immersion experience for people wanting to take time out from everyday life, to delve into the practice of meditation.
- Develop and/or deepen your personal Mindfulness-based Stillness Meditation (MBSM) practice
- Understand and experience how mindfulness of feelings can create self-compassion, openness, emotional resilience and the courage to face difficult emotions
- Understand how mindfulness facilitates the mind/body connection which is essential for health and wellbeing
- Experience mindfulness of the Chakras
- Understand and practice how mindfulness can lead to inner peace, stillness and causeless joy
- Experience intentional meditations such as gratitude, self-compassion, and loving kindness
- Explore contemplative periods of noble silence
- Enjoy nature meditations within our beautiful 40 acres of natural bushland and ornamental gardens
- Refine your presence during walking meditations
- Find flow in your body, mind and spirit with Qigong – a gentle, moving form of meditation
The time spent in meditation over the duration of the retreat is moderate, and would be suitable to both experienced meditators looking for guidance and support to deepen their practices, as well as beginner meditators looking to establish a sustainable personal practice.
You will gain the tools to turn inward, connect with your current state of wellbeing, understand your own personal needs, and tap into the stillness and peace inherent in your true nature.
Gain an understanding of the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual benefits of meditation.
Understand the nature of the thinking mind – its strengths and limitations – and understand how ‘excessive thinking’ and ‘stress’ adversely affect your health and wellbeing.
Learn to relax physically, unwind emotionally and calm a busy mind.
Acquire a range of skills for dealing with stress, and becoming less emotionally reactive and therefore more tolerant.
Develop self-esteem and compassion as you connect with your true, spiritual nature.
Price is per person and covers all elements of the program, including educational sessions and materials, delicious plant-based wholefood meals, snacks and healthy beverages. Optional extras include transport, massage therapies, counselling and purchases from our resource centre. Click here for further information on transport and other information including terms and conditions
- Multi Shared accommodation $1,690
- Twin/Double per person $2,080
- Single $2,450
A $220 holding deposit is required at the time of booking to reserve your place, and the remaining balance may be paid in instalments.
*Financial members of our Foundation receive discounts on retreat bookings. To review full member benefits and to sign up today please click here.
To secure your place in this transformative retreat program, you can CLICK HERE to pay your $220 deposit online, or CALL 1300 651 211 to finalise your booking with one of our friendly team members (credit card or direct deposit accepted). Alternatively, you can submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch.
Please note: If paying your deposit online, we will be in touch by phone to finalise your room allocation. Until this room allocation has occurred, your $220 deposit is subject to our full refund policy.
Return to Peace Enquiry Form
Our client services team are here to answer any questions you may have. Call us on 1300 651 211, email email@example.com, or submit the enquiry form below and one of our team members will be in touch shortly.
- Art of Mindfulness w/holistic health practitioner Daniel Cerny
- Courageously Me w/Dr Michelle Woolhouse & Caroline Hales
- ESSENCE of Health with A/Prof Craig Hassed
- Expand Your Practice Follow Up w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Garden to Kitchen Workshop, 28th Sept 2019
- Live Well : Be Well w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Mindful Relationships w/Dr Ruth Gawler & Murray Paterson
- Music and Mindfulness Meditation w/harpist Michael Johnson
- NeuroSlimming w/Dr Helena Popovic
- New Zealand – Deep Peace Meditation Retreat w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Reclaiming Joy with Dr Ruth Gawler and Melissa Borich
- Weekend Meditation w/Paul & Maia Bedson
- Wise Radiant Me w/Michelle Woolhouse