Mindful Eating (with CD)
A guide to rediscovering a healthy and joyful relationship with food.
The art of mindfulness can transform our struggles with food – and renew our sense of pleasure, appreciation and satisfaction with eating. Drawing on recent research and integrating her experiences as a physician and meditation teacher, Dr Jan Bays offerr a wonderfully clear presentation of what mindfulness is an how it can help with food issues.
Mindful eating is an approach that involves bringing one’s full attention to the process of eating – to all the tastes, smells, thoughts and feelings that can arise during a meal. Whether you are overweight, suffer from an eating disorder or just want to get more out of life, this book offers a simple tool that can make a remarkable difference. You will learn how to:
– Tune into your body’s own wisdom about what, when and how much to eat.
– Eat less while feeling fully satisfied.
– Identify your habits and patterns with food.
– Develop a more compassionate attitude toward your struggles with eating.
– Discover what your’re really hungry for.
Includes a 75 minute CD with guded exercises for getting started.