There are a range of ongoing volunteer opportunities in our gardens, front office, kitchen and resource centre, so if you’d like to be an active part of our foundation, we’d love to hear from you!
Apart from the satisfaction that comes supporting a worthwhile cause, our ongoing volunteers enjoy:
- 10% discount on Books, DVDs, CDs from our resource centre (excludes sale items)
- A delicious plant-based wholefoods morning tea and lunch, prepared daily by our kitchen when retreat programs are running
- Bottomless herbal teas available from the dining room
- 20 minute daily meditation practice with the rest of our team
- The opportunity to purchase organic seasonal produce at wholesale prices from our gardens
- Invitation to the staff Christmas Function
Email Us to register your interest today.
Please note: We do not accept volunteers in a therapeutic capacity.
Our corporate volunteering program runs from March 1 through to the November 31 every year.
We welcome individuals and pairs to spend a day assisting in our beautiful organic and ornamental gardens at our Yarra Valley Living Centre. The centre is located in Yarra Junction and is approximately 1 hours drive from central Melbourne.
No previous gardening experience is necessary however individuals should be prepared to perform physical tasks such as digging and weeding. Some examples of work your team will be assisting with may be:
Upper Market Garden Works
Shaping Beds and putting hay on paths
River Flats Rejuvenation and Fire Prevention
Collecting Branches/ Bark
Ornamental Garden Works
In addition to spending the day with our friendly gardening team, you will also enjoy an introduction into the foundation by one of our staff members, a delicious plant-based wholefoods morning tea and lunch prepared by our retreat kitchen, and the opportunity to soak up the natural beauty of our property in the Yarra Valley.
If you or members of your team would enjoy spending a day at our centre and helping a very worthwhile cause, please Email Us today to register your interest.