- 4 nights
- Facilitated by Paul and Maia Bedson
- Learn to deliver an 8 week mindfulness course
- Study mindfulness for healing, personal development and spirituality
Meditation Teacher Training – Module 1
This 4 night meditation teacher training retreat will enable you to deliver an eight week mindfulness based stillness meditation course from a facilitator’s manual. The course manual is included in the course fees. A Certificate of Completion confirming you have completed 40 hours of face to face training, will also be provided at the conclusion of the module 1 course.
- Practice teaching and leading mindfulness based stillness meditation.
- Study the benefits of Mindfulness meditation for healing, personal development and spirituality.
- Gain an understanding of the strengths and limitations of the thinking mind and the causes of excessive thinking.
- Review the stress response, the relaxation response and their impact on health and healing.
- Receive guidelines for leading meditation using intention, gratitude and loving kindness.
- Examine the application of mindfulness to emotions like grief, anxiety and depression.
- Learn about the links between meditation, neuroscience and neuroplasticity.
- Experience the importance of ‘stillness’ and ‘spaciousness’.
This is a wonderful opportunity to deepen your own meditation practice and become fully trained to help others learn to meditate.
Your own regular meditation practice.
The Yarra Valley Living Centre offers two separate Meditation Teacher Training modules. Module 1 : Mindfulness-Based Stillness Meditation, and Module 2 : Guided Imagery and Contemplation.
While many will do Module 1, followed by Module 2, you may choose to do either module independently or in any order.
Accreditation with Meditation Association of Australia:
Completing both modules 1 and 2 of our Meditation Teacher Training program meets the training requirements for a provisional membership with the (main) peak meditation teacher’s professional body, Meditation Association of Australia (MAA), formally ATMA – or Australian Meditation Teachers Association.
A further 30 hours of mentored/supervised practice over the following 2 years will be required to qualify for full membership. Other Meditation Retreats facilitated at the Yarra Valley Living Centre could contribute to the extra 30 hours required to attain the 110 hours specified, after consultation/agreement with the program leaders. Or can be achieved with ongoing supervision/mentoring sessions.
Meditation: an In-depth guide by Ian Gawler and Paul Bedson. (Allen & Unwin, 2010)
Cost: Starting from $1,990 per person (including GST), depending on your choice of accommodation. This cost covers all elements of the program, including delicious organic plant-based wholefood meals, snacks, freshly squeezed juices, herbal teas and dandelion coffee.
Please note: members receive 5% discount on second and subsequent retreat bookings.
Optional extras include transport and purchases from our resource centre.